Do we need a new "Bridgemen" or "Velvet Knights" t

Do We need a new "FUN" corps in DCI?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Do We need a new "FUN" corps in DCI?

• YES
    • NO

Always liked Velvet Knights, but Chuck Taylors aren't as cheap as they used to be.

Two words: outlet mall

Actually, I'd rather see them go with the original red sneakers - VANS

The IRS prevents the Velvet Knights from hitting the field. We do now have VK, an open class corps that has risen from the ashes of the Velvet Knight. The Bridgemen exist as an alumni corps that performs at DCA events and has performed at Allentown and the Surf show (as far as I can tell). Neither corps currently competes in DCI World Class .

Actually, the IRS does not prevent the use of the name Velvet Knights, just the corporate entity "Velvet Knights, Inc."

YES, we do need a new fun corps in World Class. Hopefully the Jersey Surf will bring there own style of comedy to Worlds that will pay tribute to the fun guys of yesteryear.

I hope they have great success.

Garry in Phoenix (for the weekend)

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then...

# 3 woke up!!! :blink:

(But I wish we had another hundred like him!!!) :laughing:

Hey I did say it would not happen thought !!!!!!! LOL

I never left the stands to get a hot dog when VK was coming onthr field.

I'm just dying to hear how a Godzilla costume is a "basic element of a drum corps". :laughing:

A large inflatable Godzilla is a "Basic element of a drum corps"

As you said...a Godzilla costume is not...... :blink:

Hey folks:

Whether or not DCI needs a new Bridgemen - check out the current version. I had the pleasure this weekend and man...

Whether you're an old fan or just curious because of all the "historical" reports you've read here or elsewhere - these folks are really working hard and capturing the musical essense of what the corps was all about. Go see them this Spring, and then for sure at venues like DCI East and Rochester.

There's something for everyone - something old, something new, something borrowed but NOTHING, not a thing BLUE.

All mellow yellow :thumbup: .

Hey folks:

Whether or not DCI needs a new Bridgemen - check out the current version. I had the pleasure this weekend and man...

Whether you're an old fan or just curious because of all the "historical" reports you've read here or elsewhere - these folks are really working hard and capturing the musical essense of what the corps was all about. Go see them this Spring, and then for sure at venues like DCI East and Rochester.

There's something for everyone - something old, something new, something borrowed but NOTHING, not a thing BLUE.

All mellow yellow :sad: .

Great having you back Ray! You're funnier than ever!!! :thumbup:

The music book is just OUTSTANDING this year!

And we've got a VERY COOL drum solo!!! :w00t:

What about a blue whale? :sad: