Phantom Regiment 2009...

I know it's kind of early to be asking, but what with it being the 20th Anniversary of a certain big year in corps and DCI history, any word yet as to selections for encore audiences?

I'm aware that the corps has played the New World closer at least a few times since '89. Any hopes of more expansive selections for the 20th anniversary year?

I'm sure 'Spartacus' will play a prominent place in encore, yes? Perhaps some 'Faust,' too? 'Fire of Eternal Glory'?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should just put on a true hour concert of all their music for an encore

Meh....I was never thrilled with the arrangement of Fire of Eternal Glory that we played in '02.

Ave Maria from 06 was a far superior ballad (in both arrangement, performance, and original context) than that of Spartacus. I'm going to bet their encore will include some from Spartacus - but not the ballad - I'm guessing it will be the end of the show where everyone yelled I AM SPARTACUS. Just a thought - who knows though.

Ave Maria from 06 was a far superior ballad (in both arrangement, performance, and original context) than that of Spartacus. I'm going to bet their encore will include some from Spartacus - but not the ballad - I'm guessing it will be the end of the show where everyone yelled I AM SPARTACUS. Just a thought - who knows though.

I disagree... in listening to both Ave Maria and Spartacus back to back, I think they performed this years ballad much better. Towards the middle and end of Ave Maria, the ensemble sound suffers considerably. Additionally, there are some tuning issues that didn't exist this year (and that beautiful mello solo). That being said, I think Ave Maria was a bit more difficult to pull off. I will admit, both sound "phantastic," and I would rather hear Ave Maria as an encore.

Last summers encore was

Ave Maria

A medley from the Rhapsody in Blue show

Elsa's Procession

This encore all by itself was worth the price of admission to Allentown on Saturday! :thumbup::thumbup::tongue:

I believe they change their encore's from year to year so wouldn't count on those peices this summer. Although I'd be happy if they kept it the same.