DCA To Stay In Rochester For 2010/2011

Cool beans. Now, please move the field at least 5 yards closer to the stands.

[/quot

Amen...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee,

It seems to me that if the field lwere moved closer, sound would be lost into the wall at field level.

Lee,

It seems to me that if the field lwere moved closer, sound would be lost into the wall at field level.

I don't think the wall at Paetec will provide much difficulty.

If we had a show in Dekalb again though, as someone suggested somewhere, then we may have a problem

DSCN0042.jpg <note the cavern underneath here :tounge2:

Edited by Spandy

I was there when Five Star Brass did a tour and researched the seating situation. This was before any event was ever held there (we had to wear hard hats!). As I recall, moving the front sideline closer to the stands would have prevented many upper level spectators from seeing the entire pit and the drum major's area. We were all up on that level to determine the best course.

Where the front sideline is currently set by DCA, those spectators who are way off to the sides actually benefit from a little better angle, too.

I don't think the wall at Paetec will provide much difficulty.

If we had a show in Dekalb again though, as someone suggested somewhere, then we may have a problem

DSCN0042.jpg <note the cavern underneath here :tounge2:

Ahhh, Huskie Stadium. Many a half time show started under the "lip" of the West end.

Yeah there's no way you would lose sound to the wall at Paetec unless you have absolutely horrid horn angles. I don't think the wall is even 6 feet high! I completely agree. Move us closer!!!! We should be as close as that advertisement barrier is on the left hand side.

paetecPan.jpg

Edited by Morphy00

except as Fred said, then people up top will not be able to see part of the action.

Yeah there's no way you would lose sound to the wall at Paetec unless you have absolutely horrid horn angles. I don't think the wall is even 6 feet high! I completely agree. Move us closer!!!! We should be as close as that advertisement barrier is on the left hand side.

2007 we were a few rows from the top of the stadium (around 45 yard line) and what you could see of the field started right around the DM podium. In 2008 we moved to the lower section and was surprised how much distance there between the stands and front sideline. Sounds wasn't bad but agree with Fred, if the corps come closer, the fans upstairs will miss seeing parts of the show.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

2007 we were a few rows from the top of the stadium (around 45 yard line) and what you could see of the field started right around the DM podium. In 2008 we moved to the lower section and was surprised how much distance there between the stands and front sideline. Sounds wasn't bad but agree with Fred, if the corps come closer, the fans upstairs will miss seeing parts of the show.

I wish the stadium had steeper pitched seats. Scranton did.

Mankato, MN does.

Srsly, the drum majors usually stand IN the audience there :doh:

disclaimer: I don't think the championships should be moved to Mankato or anywhere in MN or whatever. Just sharing one of my favorite venues :tounge2:

Edited by Spandy

I wish the stadium had steeper pitched seats. Scranton did.

Mankato, MN does.

Srsly, the drum majors usually stand IN the audience there :doh:

disclaimer: I don't think the championships should be moved to Mankato or anywhere in MN or whatever. Just sharing one of my favorite venues with you all :tounge2:

Won't the new box seats will take care of a lot of this?