You Know You've done too much Drum Corps in your life when......

when you look at your cooler and count how many bus trips it survived

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....everytime you go to a gas station you unconsciously walk directly to the restrooms.

.....still roll all of your laudry.

Yeah... definitely do this.

when i play baseball with the neighbours, i'll spin the bat

sweep the floor, i'll try to spin the broom

rake the leaves, spin the rake but no tosses

snow shovels are kinda hard to spin :whistle:

... you still can't bring yourself to make a pb&j

I LOVE PB&J. I have one for breakfast on toast at least 3/4 times a week. Also, it's a great snack when you feel a little hungry.

Anyways, when you work a restaurant and roll step when you deliver food because it keeps it steady on the plate (especially soup)

You look at a drummer's rack tan and think, "dang, that is awesome"

You get your final assignment in Theory class where you have to compose a piece implementing topics discussed all year, and you instantly think you're going to write a piece for a drum corps hornline

You actually write said piece for a drum corps hornline

You're a music education major and you're already planning what kind of marching shows you'll do with your band, and how you're going to arrange tunes (I actually asked my band director for a score so I could get started now)

Exactly! I can't stand watching anything that is supposed to be synchronized because it drives me crazy.

Two plays really drove me crazy: pirates of penzance and Oklahoma

When you know more about the repair, maintenance, and mechanics of a bus than you do your own car.

When your treasured mementos include suction cups, chrome plated lug nut covers, and bus reading lamp replacement bulbs, 2 pack, 1 left.

When you know more about affixing a hammock inside of a bus, than outside of a bus.

When someone mentions surfing and your first thought is a bus.

When shopping and you cross an aisle of air fresheners, you think of a bus.

When someone tells you that they're currently living in and/or named their vehicle, you assume it's a bus.

You recognize the sound of a diesel engine even though you've never owned one.

When all of your civilian / leisure clothes are active wear / sports wear.

When you pack for a trip, and you include everything, including nail clippers, and two month supply of disposable razors.

When you stop in some public place -- listening to the music you're hearing in the background...

Your wife looks at you and asks (wearily, because this has happened before and knows what's going on), "What?"

You reply with an ID on the song and what corps played it...thus getting you a slap on the arm.

-----

Lost count of how many times I've done this!

Guilty....

I ticked (no pun intended :doh: ) my wife off when we went on a ten hour bus ride and she complained about being uncomfortable on a bus. My response was ZZZZZZZZZ..... (soon as the bus moves, I'm off in dreamland).

You know you're a DC history bug when you hear a Alumni-type corps show and can name the songs and years played. And the years were from before your time. Did this watching Skyliner Alumni and didn't realize how bad I was until a song started in the middle of their show and my sister said "OK, what year?" :devil:

...when my wife was in labor and I could identify the baby's heart rate by ear almost as accurately as the nurse reading the chart coming out of the machine. I don't think I was ever more than 3-4 bpm off.

1) One technique of natural childbirth is to have a code word or phrase to coach your partner through labor pains. When it got tough for Jan, my code phrase was "catch the triple". Since that was something she knew she could do in her sleep, it helped her get over the hump at the apex of the contraction.

I wish I would have had a kabuki to toss in the air when the baby was delivered!

2) When you are on a road trip with friends, stop in a row of fast food places, and everyone heads for a different one!

3) When there's a pause in the music and you yell, "VANGUARD!"

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

I find when I am carrying a cup of hot tea or coffee that I automatically switch to a roll step so my upper body doesn't move at all and I won't spill the drink.