Best 2nd Place Show?

I think I'm one of the few....one of the very few that just does not like Star 1993....

Anyway, my vote is between 1989 and 2006 Regiment. Both absolutely fantastic shows.

My vote has to go to 2006.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is near impossible... So many great shows, classics...

HM....

'87 SCV

'89 Phantom

'93 Star

'95 Cadets

'98 SCV

'03 Cavies

'06 Phantom

BUT.... I have to pick '85 SCV. The raw explosion of Festive Overture, the impact-less emotion of Grover's Corner, Tender Land, and the Red Pony. It's all that is good and real about Santa Clara, a truly characteristic and classic show for them.

87' Vanguard

*HM*

'88 Vanguard

'89 Phantom

'91 Cavaliers

'93 Star ( Very Neck in Neck with 87 SCV but had to make a choice )

'95 Cadets

'01 Cadets

'06 Phantom ( See Star '93 )

Edited by Zeke

I think I'm one of the few....one of the very few that just does not like Star 1993....

I wouldn't say very few, there are a fair number who don't like it, just not very many that are at least openly stating it on here. I myself actually used to be one of those people. I watched it once and was like "eh, its alright, but I don't really see why people make such a huge deal out of it." then a while later I saw it again and I was like "dang, they can march. that's a great visual program...but the music, not really digging it that much...until the last minute or so." Then I heard the original version of Medea, and I fell in love with the piece. I found myself listening to it quite frequently. Then I decided I'd watch the show again, and I was hooked. I found myself watching Star 93 over and over again. I can understand and see why people don't like it, after all I used to be like that. But I love it now. So much so that it was so hard choosing between 89 Phantom and 93 Star. But...my vote has to go to 93 Star.

HM:

89 Phantom

06 Phantom

87 SCV

Star 93

Though Vanguard 98 is actually my favorite drum corps show, I figure my vote will count more if I vote for Star

No one's mentioned Cadets 07, what a hornline! And only 1 vote for 08 BD after being in first all summer and using SWEENY TODD! Oh well...

Anyways. My vote: 06 Phanton. Goosebumps, every time.