Tme for an "educated" guess?

This is like picking March Madness teams....I'll think about it more but I like SCV coming out of nowhere. Another 10 year anniversary?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be completely random so if I'm right I get bragging rights forever.

1.) SCV

2.) Regiment

3.) Cavies

4.) BD

5.) Cadets

21.) Cascades

you will not be right because PC will be somewhere =P

1) Crown

2) Cavaliers

3) Blue Devils

4) Holy Name

21) Mandarins

*puts on the criticism shield*

I am criticizing you for leaving out Cascades =P

Edited by soccerguy315

Nope, Cascades' Equipment truck will blow up mid-season, and they will have nothing to play on by finals. It's a bold prediction, but watch!

1.Holy Name Cadets

2.Phantom Regiment

3.Blue Devils

4.The Cavaliers

5.Carolina Crown

6.Blue Stars

7.Santa Clara Vanguard

8.Bluecoats

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11.Crossmen

12.Glassmen

13.Colts

14.Madison Scouts

15.Jersey Surf

16.Spirit

17.Troopers

18.The Academy

19.Pacific Crest

20.Mandarins

21.Pioneer

22.Cascades

1. Garfield - just feels like one of their years.

2. Bd- going old style, just short again..

3. Regiment - they could win, but likely 3rd. They will either be on top or down just a bit. Will still be on fire at finals! always are...

4. Crown- another great show but too many great corps and not enough tenths to go around.

5. Cavaliers- meh... someone has to be 5th. Will at least have a real music book with Drew writing. Finally a good time to play horn again in the Cavies..

6. Bluecoats - starting to turn the design corner again, hornline will be back to 07 standards.

7. SCV- Better, but still trying to get back to elite status.

8. Blue Stars- Really hard to hold this spot, but a talented corps and design team will do just that.

9. Scouts - See them starting to come back through this year.

10. Boston - You can never count them out.

11. Spirit- I know.. but they are hungry. You forget, they missed finals for the first time in 4 years, they want back! My Out On A Limb Pick #1 with Troopers.

12. BK- Sorry guys, not the biggest fan. How they ever make it in single digits is beyond me. The only corps that goes from like 14th to 8th over the season every single year. Check out scores, its the truth.. They are resilient, I will give them that. And I do like the uniqueness though!

13. Glassmen- Just out of finals this year.

14. Crossmen - Another good year, but someone has to be 14th! Sorry.

15. Troopers- bust back with another big year and the fan's go nuts! Out on a Limb Pick #2

16. Colts- I really like them, but it's getting tough at this point to call now. Who knows, maybe 9th, maybe 16th?

16-22 No freakin idea.

Truly, from like 8th on down, its really tough. So many good and great corps! It will be a rockin' season and may the best team win! Or, at least the one with the highest score... :)

Edited by trumpetcam

1. Cadets- I saw the corps at camp. Lots of really good stuff. If you want narration you'll have to look somewhere else.

2. Phantom- They'll have great drums and brass but, can their show capture lightning in a bottle like Spartacus did?

3. Cavaliers- They are always good. Will they compete for best in the Midwest or best in the world?

4. Devils- I think the Devils were onto something last year with the WGI show. It looks like they are moving away from that. Good! I just wish they would march more steps and play more notes.( Really I can't imagine BD out of the top 3 next year)

5. SCV- Every year I eagerly wait for the resurgence of the Vanguard. I write 5 but hope top 3.

6. Crown- How good will they be? Can they maintain their guard and brass scores? Are they truly an elite corps?

7. Bluecoats- Maybe 4th place. They drum great, and they brass great. Can they guard and march great? Is it me or do the Bluecoats get dumped on a little in August?

8. Blue knights- I would love to see BK in the top 6. I love their style, I just wish they had more big Drum Corps moments built into their show.

9. Blue Stars- As good as last year. Hopefully a little more exciting. I hear they are.

10. Madison- I think 08 was the spark that starts the Madison flame and a climb up the ranks.

11. Glassmen- I've seen no reason to take them out of the top twelve.

12. BAC- Because they always make finals. And they're good.

13. Crossmen- I would love to see Crossmen make finals. They need to increase the difficulty in their show.

14. Colts- Their late start may hurt them. They need to tighten up their brass and drum scores.

15. Troopers- Troopes need 5 more color guard. Go Troop Go!

16. Spirit- Playing Kansas, Can it translate on the field?

17. Academy- As I said before, A show that matches the talent of the kids.

18. Pacific Crest- "El Corazon de la Gente: Alegria, Amor, y Fuerza" needs a cleaning staff

19. Jersey Surf- Surf may take their lumps their first year in World Class.

20. I left Cascades out. I think they will end up here

21. Pioneer- Last year Pio celebrated breaking 75.00. They will be better in 09.

22. Mandarin- If Mandarin ever got a full corps. Watch out!

Edited by boxingfred

BD

Cadets

Cavies

SCV

Crown

Phantom

Glassmen

Boston

Bluecoats

Blue Stars

Madison

Crossmen

-------------

Colts

BK

Acadamy

Spirit

Crest

-------------

Troopers

Surf

Mandarin

Cascades

Pioneer

Spirit

I like the way you think! :lol:

You and I both. It's been 10 years.

I'm going on the pattern/alien conspiracy theory:

SCV 1989, 1999, 2009. It'll be a THREE part pattern, as predicted by last year's show.

Another (less happy) note. If SCV doesnt win this year it will be the first decade in the corps' history it hasnt won a ring.... :lol:

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky

I'm going bold on this one. Sue me.

1. Blue Devils - 1930? As long as it has some kickin' jazz chart(s), it's good enough for me, and probably judges.

2. Carolina Crown - Yeah, I said it...

3. Cavaliers - They get back to what they should have been advancing in the last 4 years: MUSIC!

4. Cadets - Hype finally dies down during finals week. Great show, don't get me wrong...just...not there yet.

5. Phantom Regiment - A bit of a hangover, they rebound from early season disappointments

6. Santa Clara Vanguard - Their strong start to the season is overridden by the fact that there are 5 better drum corps out there. Still not too shabby.

7. Bluecoats - The creativness is still there, and it somehow is better than last year's show. But judges wont like an abstract theme nowadays.

8. Blue Stars - They will continue to rise through the ranks. The "next" C.C.?

9. Madison Scouts - Wowzers! A bit of a jump here. The brass charts will be spectacular. Visual still not up to par though.

10. BAC - Slipping a little bit, though the score is solid from what I've been told.

11. Glassmen - The little engine that could...if they had better visual scores.

12. Crossmen - Welcome back to finals, Bones. More brass power could land you higher, but you should be content with top 12...for now.

13. Blue Knights - A show that doesn't have "Dark" or "Knight" in it? That's dangerous territory. Be more exciting and aggressive next year, please.

14. Spirit - After a few setbacks from last season, you get rolling in the middle of this one. Unfortunately, not rolling fast enough.

15. Colts - Potential. Lots of it. Now use it.

16. The Troopers - Very entertaining show. And that's all that should matter.

17. The Academy - They want in the mix, soon.

18. Jersey Surf - They want to prove they belong. They'll get their chance soon enough.

19. Pacific Crest - They wont take much more of this...

20. Pioneer - They're going in the right direction. Just need more...everything.

21. Mandarins - Clean show, just not...entertaining.

22. Cascades - Welcome back! Take this season to get your members back in the swing of things.