Pacific Crest Debuts New Unis and 2009 Production

I don't know what to call that. Looks like the top half of a scimitar sword.

Exactly what I thought. The uni's not bad but I'm not sold on the shako.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific Crest debuted their 2009 drum corps season before a crowd of several hundred family members, friends, fans, and alumni at Los Altos High School in Hacienda Heights, CA on Sunday evening, June 14th. Their premiere performance of El Corazon del la Gente had the crowd excited...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

Something different. They look like a Canadian corps.....there were a few corps from the Maple Leaf that had interesting uniforms years ago..

I really like them. They do make me think of mid '80s Sky Ryders!

http://webpages.charter.net/skyalum/FC92097.jpg

FC92097.jpg

Edited by jjeffeory

Reminds me of the old SkyRyders uniforms (a la 1986 Wizard of Oz)...

Unfortunately, I've never seen a color pic of the Sky Ryders... Least of all from '86. I think I recall an aqua colored vest with white shirt... I saw the video a long time ago. Is that the one? If anyone has a pic, please post!

-TGB

PS I just read the post before mine... Yup... That's the one! However, this never crossed my mind or entered the design discussions. Thanks for the image!

-B

Edited by euphonium96

The early 90's glassmen look reborn! :thumbup:

Not true until they start wearing vinyl overlays. :worthy:

The uniforms looked great! When seen in the lights, the shakos glisten and sparkle. The "blade" looks balanced from the stands. Some unis fit tighter on ppl so it could just be who is wearing it. When the corps turns around you get a pop of white on black and looks awesome. Good luck PC!!

Love the colours, but the fit is too loose. Maybe its just a matter of some members losing weight from the time the measured to the time they received the uniforms :thumbup:

Tighten up the tunic and it's a winner.

While there certainly is some fitting to be done (was the first time in them!), do keep in mind that the satin sheen of the teal and the metallic shine of the copper means light reflects from every possible angle, much more than it does from the basic white and black poly fabric.

When we sampled these we took into consideration all aspects of various fabric selections and accepted the trade-off between the results of intense refraction verse the shine it creates. The research included sampling multiple sash prototypes and types of teal fabric and even included having the director come to the factory and review even more unique and obscure options than I could bring to the camps.

The final selections, when seen under stadium lights, is quite impressive. Additionally, as the corps admittedly is under the lights less often in late-season, we spent a lot of time in the California sunshine sampling the various fabric options and balancing effect with the limitations. We (Stanbury Uniforms and the Pacific Crest team) turned over as many rocks as we could think of throughout the process.

On Sunday evening the staff, fans, alumni, donors - and most importantly - the members were thrilled with the result!

Edited by PSeidling

yes, get those jackets fitting snug and this uniform is easily one of my favorites out there!

NICE!!!