Crown Fans Pushing Me Away

I think I'm supposed to dislike Crown, but I don't. I really like what they are doing.

It's time for someone else to shake up the activity. It seems to happen once a decade or so (80s Cadets, 90s Blue Devils, 00s Cavaliers), and now it's happening again.

When you change the game, it's difficult for others to compete. I will be very surprised if Crown doesn't win DCI this year.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm supposed to dislike Crown, but I don't. I really like what they are doing.

It's time for someone else to shake up the activity. It seems to happen once a decade or so (80s Cadets, 90s Blue Devils, 00s Cavaliers), and now it's happening again.

When you change the game, it's difficult for others to compete. I will be very surprised if Crown doesn't win DCI this year.

Quoted for epic truth.

Like I said earlier on facebook: Welcome to the big leagues. Now that you're here fans will go from "meh, Crown" to either "OMG Crown!" or "FCC". Just a byproduct of shaking things up.

Where is this widespread hate of Crown?

I'm really just not seeing it.

Are Crown fans the new Madison fans?

I was also wondering the same thing. Crown is the darlings or DCI and DCP. I am failing to see any widespread hate. I think it's all in their heads. They are getting nearer to the top and are now open to a new level under the microscope so to speak. And no. Madison fans are still Madison fans.

I for one am old school. and want to see crown to at least break the big three. but i think people are to quick to forget when there was no internet and you had to wait for next weeks drum corps world. you people are being to harsh on each other and you should respect opionins as they exist. this is real drum corps and i love this season. lets enjoy what technoligies that we have with like the gamin play by plays . life is sweet!

Perhaps the it would be a good idea to create an "official crown 2009 thread" where the wins could be celebrated without bagging on other corps in the show threads.

I have to agree with the other poster, though. Last night's thread went out of control because people started getting extremely critical of Crown for beating the Cadets. In response, several Crown fans defended the win. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The only comment that was out of the blue was the one in regards to the Blue Devils' show...

I found it amazing that there was so much support for Crown, until the night they proved they could win. No one had a major problem with the shows they have done in the past, until they had a win over several great corps (mainly because some people do not care for their show). As a music educator (and having seen both shows), I can understand why the judges had placed Crown above the Cadets. It just seems that the fans from the corps getting beat are the ones that are often the loudest in their disapproval... which I guess makes sense.

When all is said and done, I think it is possible the Cadets can come back and win at DCI, but I think the Blue Devils have a real shot, as well. All three shows, however, have a large amount of demand and different levels of cleanliness.

Sorry, but I have to call BS on this one. If anyone is on the wrong side of the criticism arguement, it's Crown. Practically no one has given them a chance to win this year. Half of the Cadets fans here hVe given them zero respect. Very few have said they have a chance to win. Well, as far as I an tell, they are kick g @££ and takng names.

If you have a problem with the way Crowns fans are talking, then do t read the threads or ignore it. It's the same thing tha happens when your favorite sports team is doing well. It's all talk

I would say some, but DEFINITELY not even close to half. In fact, I have seen more positive comments about Crown for the past few years than I have seen negative. And it is well-deserved. But try not to put most of the Cadets fans in that category because I truly dont see it.

The OP seems as though he loves what Crown is doing. Maybe you want to try to encourage him to keep loving them.

Sorry, but I have to call BS on this one. If anyone is on the wrong side of the criticism arguement, it's Crown. Practically no one has given them a chance to win this year. Half of the Cadets fans here hVe given them zero respect. Very few have said they have a chance to win. Well, as far as I an tell, they are kick g @££ and takng names.

Wait, now don't you include yourself in that group then, as you started a whole topic with this on June 18:

"Well, I just had the chance to see some raw video from a rehearsal and a video of the dress run, and my God man! The show is incredible, and suffice to say the Cadets should be the odds on favorite to win this year. These kids can play, and they can move. I think it's going to be VERY HARD for ANYONE to beat them."

My, how things change in a few weeks... :worthy:

Wait, now don't you include yourself in that group then, as you started a whole topic with this on June 18:

"Well, I just had the chance to see some raw video from a rehearsal and a video of the dress run, and my God man! The show is incredible, and suffice to say the Cadets should be the odds on favorite to win this year. These kids can play, and they can move. I think it's going to be VERY HARD for ANYONE to beat them."

My, how things change in a few weeks... :worthy:

BUSTED!!! Lol..