When will Cadets catch Crown?

This post is rather amusing. Earlier in the year someone was asking if Crown could ever catch the Cadets. He/she didn't seem to think this was possible. Now, however, the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. IMO, Crown, at this point in time, is in a position to win it all. Go Crown!!

Im pretty sure this thread was designed tongue in cheek, precisely because of that other thread. I'm looking forward to when Cadets catch them, if for no other reason that we can start a 'when will crown catch the cadets again' thread....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure this thread was designed tongue in cheek, precisely because of that other thread. I'm looking forward to when Cadets catch them, if for no other reason that we can start a 'when will crown catch the cadets again' thread....

and i guarantee the first post will be never :smile: haha

Love it! When I saw Crown top EVERYONE in Illinois, my jaw dropped, I pee'd a little and let out words my mother would blush at...

...then I laughed and cheered OUT LOUD!! This thread is so funny...following the previous one, of course. A rivalry is born, eh?

Love it!

And I thought Phantom was going to be the big rivals with Crown, given their mid-season records the last couple years.

Judging by recent scores and the spreads between Crown and Cadets, perhaps it may not happen this season.

Seems to me that recent scores indicate they won't catch the crown

Chez, you with us this year?? If you see these corps this weekend would LOVE your professional opinion! I know it is still early...but thanks!

Seems to me that recent scores indicate they won't catch the crown

Maybe, but remember - the Cadets are famous (infamous?) for making late season surges. It ain't over til Mr Crocker announces "Receiving the Gold Medal..." (whispering to self: "....from Fort Mill, SC, with a score of 109.35.....") :worthy:

This may happen sooner than later now that it appears that Crown may be stagnating a bit relative to the Cadets. See below.

Bristol, RI July 3

Crown 85.1

Cadets 82.8

Diff: 2.3

Jackson, NJ July 6

Crown 83.050

Cadets 82.2

Diff: 0.85

Chesapeake, VA July 7

Crown 84.5

Cadets 84.050

Diff: 0.45

This may happen sooner than later now that it appears that Crown may be stagnating a bit relative to the Cadets. See below.

Bristol, RI July 3

Crown 85.1

Cadets 82.8

Diff: 2.3

Jackson, NJ July 6

Crown 83.050

Cadets 82.2

Diff: 0.85

Chesapeake, VA July 7

Crown 84.5

Cadets 84.050

Diff: 0.45

Finally :)

What surprises me the most, after reading this thread, was how many of you have not even seen Cadets or Crown. Both are very good corps performing two completely styles. At the beginning of the year I had hoped that HNC would go underfeated, Crown quickly evaporated that hope. Neither corps is worried about each other at all...both are trying to get better which is the name of the game. Getting better takes care of all those caption marks. If you don't expect HNC to be performing late come August 8 then I suggest you take another look. They simply are a very good drum corps giving you folks what you've been screaming for the past few years.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I wish DCP would update the caption scores, because those used to be the best to compare progress.

Anyway, I'll wait to see the shows myself this week, but I hope it doesn't turn into the "Judges clearly have a favorite and will find a reason to make scores happen" that happened at a couple shows with various corps.

Check out Blue Knights website - they have an awesome score section where you can compare head to head and caption scores. It's very cool.