Columbia FirstBEAT Battle

Crown's show does not seemed finished to me. Cadets does. I can see Cadets cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. I only hope Crown will change the ending. There seems to be so much room for something else after the big push at the end. It has "placeholder" written all over it.

Very nice summary. I agree that comments here on DCP that suggest that Crown is "more polished" and "further along" or even "cleaner" than Cadets are very misleading.

As for the ending, it is indeed coming and I can't wait. (unfortunately my attempt for gain further details from that source was foiled ! )

Not sure the HNC are finished (comments from Hop: "We turned to the backfield the first part of TONIGHT! It was just too much, all of the time." and "We are adding a bit of movement to the brass line") but I see where you're going with the statement. Choices have been made which kind of limit the types of change that can occur.

(btw emphasis in the hoppy quote is mine not his)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done analyzing that. The Crossmen got decreases in these captions compared to the previous competion:

GE Visual: -.5

Visual Ensemble: -.8

Percussion: -.5

Color Guard: -3.7

The Color Guard difference is glaring. They had the new uniforms at the previous show. They didn't have the uniforms the show before that. The Crossmen had increases in every other caption. There was a 1.2 increase in Visual Performance. The color guard judge was John Howell. The previous two shows it was Sal Adamo.

I don't know the various reputations of CG judges.

The HNC and Crown CG scores were around the same as their last show (+.2 and +.3), but Boston saw a 1.1 decrease in their CG score compared to Chesapeake.

why was Boston color guard judging score off by so much from the other scores

Nobody's show is finished, of course. And yes, Crown's choice of a show that is based in fantasy and all that 'other world' kind of stuff enables them to add pretty much anything they want with the show. The sky's the limit when it comes to that.

I know HNC is tweaking transitions and ensemble issues; have implemented a change at the end of Cool; a change in some orchestration in Rumble; arrangement changes to the ending; they will soon add some movement to Rumble and A Boy Like That; and find other general ways to maximize impact.

Very nice summary. I agree that comments here on DCP that suggest that Crown is "more polished" and "further along" or even "cleaner" than Cadets are very misleading.

As for the ending, it is indeed coming and I can't wait. (unfortunately my attempt for gain further details from that source was foiled ! )

Not sure the HNC are finished (comments from Hop: "We turned to the backfield the first part of TONIGHT! It was just too much, all of the time." and "We are adding a bit of movement to the brass line") but I see where you're going with the statement. Choices have been made which kind of limit the types of change that can occur.

(btw emphasis in the hoppy quote is mine not his)

haha...oh, you have no idea :whistle:

crown has a couple things to add, i didnt get all that many details but some new things r coming, miight be in by san antonio but should be in by ATL :whistle:

That would make me very happy since ATL is my first, and only, show this year

That would make me very happy since ATL is my first, and only, show this year

nice, that will be my second show :whistle:

i know they r changing the groove up some (i forget the segment name) and the ending

groove changes, er... change, sound cool from what i was told

I'm sure HNC has a few things up their sleeve too, saving for the big payoff at the end of season. I don't think we can compare where either corp is now with where they'll be in relation to one another 3 weeks from now. They may add and clean in uneven spurts so that current night to night scores won't matter in the long run. Only August 8 scores count. Until then just enjoy the rivalry without a bunch in the panties...

How many times have those Cavies endings disappointed me, ugh! Every year it's like 'wait for the big new Cavies ending', and....AND...that? Really?

Seriously, though, here's to hoping for only great and worthwhile changes from everyone!