Are you SERIOUS, Crossmen?!

Agreed!

Besides, it's Crossmen's Hall of Fame and they can put whomever they like there. What a non-Crossmen thinks is irrelevant, so if you don't like it go pound sand.

well said

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Hopkins entrance into the Crossmen HOF is an honor both earned and well deserved.

Congratulations, from a long time Crossmen fan, and George Hopkins fan.

If this is anything like Cadets' hall of fame, it's voted upon by alumni, so apparently they thought he was worthy of it...

He was also a founding member and marched for 10 years...and as many have pointed out, if it weren't for him, the corps would have folded 15 years ago, and you wouldn't be able to ##### about it now.

Without getting into the details of the debate, I disagree with nearly all George's "innovations" regarding the activity, and with many of his business practices regarding YEA and Cadets. I've said so publicly and to his face.

I also believe that he and other of the '70s era Crossmen absolutely belong in that corps' hall of fame. They took a merger of two smallish corps and made them a player on the national level. The drum line was explosive, incredibly entertaining, and offered a style difference from SCV and Bridgemen (not lumping those two together, just saying that Crossmen were another distinctive style).

Members of that drum line had an influence that continues today. More than one of them belongs in Bones' Hall of Fame, regardless of what George is perceived to have done for or to the corps later on.

Gotta keep it separate, I think.

Largely pro... Hopkins thread......

..... brain... unable to..... process........................

..................must reboot or....... raid beer in.... fridge.....

................................anything to save from..... impending...... apocalypse......

................................anything to save from..... impending...... apocalypse......

Don't worry, there is still a lot of stuff like "Hopkins IS the antichrist, but he still deserves to be in the Crossmen hall of fame." :satisfied:

Don't worry, there is still a lot of stuff like "Hopkins IS the antichrist, but he still deserves to be in the Crossmen hall of fame." :satisfied:

Apocalypse averted....

Back to our normal DCP viewing/posting enjoyment.

I'm certainly not "bitter" or "angry" about anything. The point is that most people don't even remember that the Crossmen were a merger between the 507 Hornets and Keystone Regiment. They don't remember that they were once from Delaware County PA. Allentown doesn't really mean squat until regionals and who really cares about YEA anyway. Sorry, but the Crossmen are now the exclusive property of San Antonio, Texas. Hoppy made a business decision and sold them off (or out) depending on one's point of veiw. I'm behind the OP on this one. If Hoppy were running a DCA corps I'll bet he wouldn't last two minutes. Those animals would eat him for breakfast.

a DCA corps was under YEA's banner. after 2/3 years they went inactive and have been on and off the field for a few years now

i know a few alumni who arent happy about the call, but they didnt want to post to rain on his parade. But, I understand many of the reasons he's in, and i'll clap for him.

except i wont be at the West Chester show

If it's true that Mr Hopkins and Yea's involvement helped to keep the Crossmen on the field then it is a well deserved honor.