If I could ever design, Implement 1 song for a DCA show it would be...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theme from "Star Trek, the Next Generation"

I believe that Valley Fever played it (as the theme to "Star Trek: The Motion Picture") back in '81.

I know it was meant to be just one song, but I had a whole show in mind once. Back in the late 80' to early 90's, I was hoping someone would do an entire Miami Sound Machine show when they were at their peak of popularity. My choices:

Opener: 'One, Two, three . . . "

Ballad - several great choices to pick from, all with emotional impact: 'Hear We Are,' 'Words Get In the Way,' 'Anything for You,' 'Can't Stay Away From You.'

Production and/or drum feature: 'Conga'

Production or closer: 'Rhythm Is Gonna Get You'

I could never understand why their music wasn't used more. I felt it was a natural. Cabs finally did 'Here We Are' and 'Get On Your Feet' around '92 or '93 I believe.

BOY-O-Boy......are we on the same page with that one. I suggested to our arranger last year for a show titled "ALL ESTEFAN". Obviously it didn't fly.

melligene said:

"BOY-O-Boy......are we on the same page with that one. I suggested to our arranger last year for a show titled "ALL ESTEFAN". Obviously it didn't fly."

I guess great minds think alike, eh?

Maybe we need to start our own corps and do it! LOL!

melligene said:

"BOY-O-Boy......are we on the same page with that one. I suggested to our arranger last year for a show titled "ALL ESTEFAN". Obviously it didn't fly."

I guess great minds think alike, eh?

Maybe we need to start our own corps and do it! LOL!

Ya.......could work.....except for that 500 mile difference thingee...... :smile: (Oh ya....showed the wife the "Great Minds" comment...........................she ain't buyin' it) :thumbdown:

"Laughter In The Rain"by Neil Sedaka,now there is a song!

"I'm Shippin' Up to Boston"- more like the Boston Pops version than the Drop Kick Murphy's. Perfect for the guard (especially with so many former Light Brigade members now Crusaders) to do their Irish dance. Check it out on youtube.

You think drills are fast now? Try this one:

The Playmates - Beep Beep.

With Little Nash Ramblers as props..... :thumbup:

My sis is a member of the Rambler Club....