Differences between:

I would say the Cadets would be the most "educational" and "technical" among the three you mentioned.

I strongly disagree, Crown is very well known for teaching kids more than beating the crap out of them until they're good like the Cadets are known for.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly disagree, Crown is very well known for teaching kids more than beating the crap out of them until they're good like the Cadets are known for.

a strong dose of extremely hard work never hurt anyone... kids these days are too soft as it is.

and if you think the Cadets don't value education just as much as discipline and effort, you're definitely missing the point.

a strong dose of extremely hard work never hurt anyone... kids these days are too soft as it is.

rawr.

Personally I like Crowns drill and music alot better, and they have the loudest hornline in my view. Phantom has a good hornline and excellent marching, but I cant tell, they fell alot this year, Cadets will be up there next year because they have good music and good drill, personally im more of a crown fan, and if your the director of the high school which one is it? My high school has marched against a few florida teams that venture up out of florida

Cadets are not known for "beating the crap..." out of kids. A strong work ethic and an endless pursuit to perfection is not equivalent to beating the crap out of kids.

Like I said before, he should probably do a lot of research of each corps before he makes an uninformed decision.

Cadets are not known for "beating the crap..." out of kids. A strong work ethic and an endless pursuit to perfection is not equivalent to beating the crap out of kids.

Like I said before, he should probably do a lot of research of each corps before he makes an uninformed decision.

Where Im from, Cadets are known for beating the crap out of kids.

And this year they used relax knee, not perfect straight for forward marching technique.

ps, no matter how good the kid is, it might be very difficult to get a spot going against people who have marched before, even if he is as talented or more talented than them, vets from other corps will probably get priority if the skill level is similar.

Gotta agree with Tekk here -- just talk to kids who marched Cadets. They eat up everything their staff throws at the them and get in line for seconds.

Back to the OP:

Find and contact the caption heads for the section you'd be marching at each corps. They are NOT unapproachable (just the opposite actually) and will answer every question you may have.

Go to as many camps as you can schedule/afford; nothing like spending a weekend with a corps to know if it's a good fit.

Don't be afraid to pick your favorite based on being a spectator -- if you like the shows a corps puts out, you'll probably like the corps that puts out those types of show!

Edited by corpsband