How will Madison do in 2010 and 2011?

How will Madison do in 2010 and 2011?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Madison finish in 2010?

• 1st - 3rd
    • 4th - 6th
    • 7th - 9th
    • 10th - 12th
    • 13th - 15th
    • 16th or lower
  2. 2. Where will Madison finish in 2011?

• 1st - 3rd
    • 4th - 6th
    • 7th - 9th
    • 10th - 12th
    • 13th - 15th
    • 16th or lower

7th-9th is attainable, certainly in 2011 and even in 2010. Blue Stars showed you can climb there in one year without having to pay your dues in the 10-12 range the year before. I'd be surprised to see the Scouts in the top six either year, though, especially if Phantom rebounds like we all hope they will.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd like to see Scouts and Bluecoats swap places competitively...but that's just me being greedy. :thumbup:

Honestly though, this isn't the question that on my mind after these announcements. I'm far more intrigued to see what sort of show Madison comes out with for 2010 and 2011. I can't imagine they'd stick with Latin jazz the way the previous administration had, but they're going to have to strike a balance between original and innovative, and keeping the Scouts' identity. I'm sure if anyone knows how to do that it's this group, but I'm curious already to see what the product will look like.

you limited the picks too much.

I would guess they would be in the 10-15 spot next year. I think they'll have a shot at making finals, but could just miss too.

the next year I would expect they would be in the 8-13 range, better but still in the bottom half and still with a chance of just missing if someone has a better show.

Honestly though, this isn't the question that on my mind after these announcements. I'm far more intrigued to see what sort of show Madison comes out with for 2010 and 2011. I can't imagine they'd stick with Latin jazz the way the previous administration had, but they're going to have to strike a balance between original and innovative, and keeping the Scouts' identity. I'm sure if anyone knows how to do that it's this group, but I'm curious already to see what the product will look like.

Yeah, I would think just a taste of Latin jazz if anything. They're going to want to salute tradition a little bit, but focus on moving into the future, with the identity intact.

Phantom may have the most to worry about right now. It was not a good year to have whiffed with show design and staff stability, and now to have a close regional competitor come out with what will probably be both of those pieces in place - yikes. Unfortunately they are in a position of having to prove themselves again, as such a big fall is enough to plant a few seeds of doubt.

I think we can look at SCV this year as a way-point for the possible. My guess is that Fielder looked at what SCV does best and influenced the design in that direction. Had BD and CC not dominated with new ideas, SCV would have been top three for sure. Look for SCV to try some new things next year, because I think Jeff knows that "classic" is not enough to compete with this bunch in the top five. Also, Troopers proved that big swings in placement is possible if you bring a show worthy of the placement, so.....the proven design team of Madison can jump big IF they get the attention of the judges with design. I'm not certain of the skill level of the Madison performers, so next year might be a year of building "chops" and setting the tone for top five contention in 2011.

They will have a HUGE turnout in terms of improvement!

But guess what? Nobody else going away either.

BD, Crown, Cavaliers, SCV, Cadets, Blue Coats, BAC, Phantom, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Troopers and Glassmen are not going to lay down and die just because Madison got a new staff.

They will be fantastic, but it still will take a little time.

i think they will be arond 10 next year, around 8 the following year. Top 5 will be about 5 years away.

IMO, with the recent staff additions including Jim Mason and Jim Prime, I am highly confident that the Scouts will not only be a very entertaining corps over the years, but also very competitive as well. With a wealth of such a talented and creative staff, how can they fail?