Kieren

About time.

This could be very interesting.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That made my morning! :rolleyes:

"The hiring of Rosander also reunites mentor and student as Phantom Regiment executive director Rick Valenzuela got his first drum corps teaching job from Rosander nearly 20 years ago and the two worked together for many years."

:rolleyes:

And the year before that, Myron wrote the drill when Rick V. (and me too) were in SCV in 89. So Myron's already helped to give Rick one of his rings.

(Just in a that California corps... a while ago...)

I don't know

it didn't work out too well for Madison. I love his drills - but, to me, they were very Vanguard specific

Later,

Mike

That's where my mind went also.

But I also have to imagine that he's been around long enough to know how to adapt, and I'm sure he will. I think having a focused visual direction is most important. Here's guessing PR won't be fraught with major rewrites late into the season that plagued them in 09.

I don't know

it didn't work out too well for Madison. I love his drills - but, to me, they were very Vanguard specific

Later,

Mike

What years did he write for Madison? Was it just 06?

I see this being a fantastic pickup for Phantom. I can't wait to see what they pull out this year. But I am curious about him writing for Phantom and Mandarins in the same season. Is he going on tour with either? Are there any other drill designers who write for more than one corps? I know Gaines "supposedly" wrote for Spirit and Cavaliers a few years ago, but heard through the grape vine that it wasn't actually him with Spirit's drill.