Cadets New Logo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of what Pepsi did, they traded a traditional logo for some boring one in order to make it more "cool" and marketable. Sure, the new Cadets logo looks pretty good but it will be boring after a while.

The running man thing was only around since around 2004. I would hardly call that "traditional"

I always thought the running man was a pretty lame logo personally (no offense DB). I like this better, but not as well as the Garfield G

From Cadets website:

Simple, effective, recognizable, and timeless.

These are the words used by graphic designer and Cadet Alumnus Kenny Isidoro when he describes the dynamic new logo that will represent the corps for years to come. His design was selected among more than 40 submissions during the Cadets Logo Contest held this fall.

Inspired by the corps’ 75-year tale and the legendary West Point-styled uniform, Isidoro’s design came easily to the marketing director for a Providence-based architecture firm. It features crisp, clean lines and a bold emblem, artistically packaged to represent the Cadets, a corps always well-regarded within the activity for their rich history and never-failing pursuit to innovate and inspire.

“The logo simply called for an answer to the question: What is the image of the Cadets?” said Isidoro, of Dartmouth, Mass. “To me, the Cadets already have an image, and that image is undeniably the uniform…I started sketching the uniform in different ways and I found that the embroidery on the sleeve was the solution. The three chevrons pointing right clearly represented the Cadets ideas of innovation and pushing the boundaries.”

The partial outline around the arrows, also the letter C, not only signifies the Cadets, it also represents being on the edge and pushing the limits, said Isidoro. They are also a nod to the logos of the Garfield Cadets and the Cadets of Bergen County, which are also contained in the arrows.

Isidoro’s design stood out immediately, said Jimmy Verrett, a Palm Springs, California-based marketing consultant to Youth Education in the Arts, the parent organization of the Cadets. Verrett and Cadets Director George Hopkins sifted through every fantastic design submission received as part of the contest, but the two kept returning to Isidoro’s work for its simplicity and unwavering story that connects the corps through four name changes and embodies the philosophy of always pushing the limits.

“Isidoro's design is terrific. It's an extremely well thought-out, well crafted mark,” Verrett said. “Designing simply is extremely difficult; Isidoro nailed it.”

Honored for his work to have been selected, Isidoro knows well the spirit of tradition instilled in every Cadet. He wore the chevrons that inspired his design from 2001-2003 when he marched as a tenor player in the Percussion Section. He also worked as a technician for the Cadets during Spring Training in 2007.

“During those years, the Cadets affected me in a truly unique way. There was always a sense of being surrounded in a legacy of tradition,” said Isidoro. “As a member, you're motivated to work harder than you've ever worked to achieve a level of quality that you've never achieved. It's the kind of organization that draws the best out of you.”

With a Bachelor of Science degree in architecture and a minor in graphic design from Northeastern University in Boston, Mass., Isidoro said his design background comes from what he learned in school, a study that focuses on pragmatic thinking combined with reason and rationale.

“I have a consistent design methodology and my design process is very rooted in program and context. I try to extract a design concept from the content itself, to enrich the design and keep it cohesive,” Isidoro said. As for the Cadets logo, it just flowed naturally.

“Virtually unchanged since 1934, generations of Cadets have worn the maroon and gold military-style uniforms, so I knew the logo design had to lie within an aspect of the uniform. When looking at the other descriptive words in the call for submissions - innovative, fast, on the edge - the logo also had to represent a forward thinking.”

I love it!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

I liked the old one better-personally, I'd be happy if they would just pick a name and stick with it instead of changing it every couple years. I can understand the HNC for '09, but besides that-decide what to call yourselves and stick with it.

I liked the old one better-personally, I'd be happy if they would just pick a name and stick with it instead of changing it every couple years. I can understand the HNC for '09, but besides that-decide what to call yourselves and stick with it.

You mean like every other corps that's older than 50 years? Face it, every corps changes their name a little bit. Deal with it.

Examples:

Spirt of Atlanta / Spirit of Georgia / Spirit from JSU / Spirit / Spirit of Atlanta.

Most Precious Blood Crusaders / Hyde Park Crusaders / Boston Crusaders

Madison Explorer Scouts / Madison Scouts

Chicago Cavaliers / AL Kosciuszko Post #712 / The Cavaliers

First Federal Blue Stars / Blue Stars

The Cadets / Cadets of Bergen County / Garfield Cadets / Holy Name Cadets

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.