Cadets New Logo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't care about the logo, and I just see it as a way to sell more souvie stuff because it is "new" so I am just sitting here waiting for the days to click by so I can see if they put out a good show or not.

You mean like every other corps that's older than 50 years? Face it, every corps changes their name a little bit. Deal with it.

Examples:

Spirt of Atlanta / Spirit of Georgia / Spirit from JSU / Spirit / Spirit of Atlanta.

Most Precious Blood Crusaders / Hyde Park Crusaders / Boston Crusaders

Madison Explorer Scouts / Madison Scouts

Chicago Cavaliers / AL Kosciuszko Post #712 / The Cavaliers

First Federal Blue Stars / Blue Stars

The Cadets / Cadets of Bergen County / Garfield Cadets / Holy Name Cadets

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

coming up Glassmen in 2011

Maumee Suns/ Glass City Optimists/Glassmen

One problem I have is that smaller organizations/businesses seemed to get bored quickly with their logos (and by quickly, that may mean every five years or even longer). Not sure that makes sense if you really are trying to develop a "brand". Nothing wrong with freshening up a logo.

As I have looked at it several times now while in different moods, I think the C is too "weak". There doesn't seem to be any balance between the sideways chevrons and the C.

Furthermore, I would think that this logo wouldn't produce well at smaller sizes...especially if it is reversed out.

Oh...one last thing. This conjures up a railroad logo in my mind for some reason.

Here is the same logo with a stronger C; however, that doesn't necessarily endear me to it.

cadets.jpg

Edited by Granny Smith

I personally prefer the running man, but not bad. I think the "C" could be more playful. For some reasons, this logo has a very strong coporate look... immediately reminds me that this could be a logo of Delta-Northwest Airlines merger.

Honestly, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this design -- an airline logo. However, it is a simple, recognizable design.

Edited by dcsnare93

It makes no difference what our feelings are on it, it has been announced that was the one that was chosen. If nothing else, Hop has shown in the past that once he makes a decision, he sticks with it no matter how much flak it generates. I think this is the logo that we will be seeing for the Cadets for the next several years, whether we like it or not. There's no judged category relating to corps logo.....let the corps performances do the talking.

One problem I have is that smaller organizations/businesses seemed to get bored quickly with their logos (and by quickly, that may mean every five years or even longer). Not sure that makes sense if you really are trying to develop a "brand". Nothing wrong with freshening up a logo.

As I have looked at it several times now while in different moods, I think the C is too "weak". There doesn't seem to be any balance between the sideways chevrons and the C.

Furthermore, I would think that this logo wouldn't produce well at smaller sizes...especially if it is reversed out.

Oh...one last thing. This conjures up a railroad logo in my mind for some reason.

Here is the same logo with a stronger C; however, that doesn't necessarily endear me to it.

cadets.jpg

I like the stronger C

i am not a fan! i think they should have stuck with the older one!