Cadets New Logo

Breaking News: Cadets do something, debate and disagreement ensue.

:inlove:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking News: Cadets do something, debate and disagreement ensue.

:inlove:

Breaking news: Any corps does something, debate and disagreement ensue.

Honestly, it's lame.

Do I like it? MEH!

Does it have a clean look that could easily represent "The Cadets"? Sure

Will a want a T-shirt or cap with that logo on it? NOPE!

From a corporate standpoint, is it a smart representation of the organization? Yes

Will this entice me to send money to the corps? No way.

Will this give the general public a better understanding of who "The Cadets" are? NO

My question is .... what's the point?

Running man was pretty cool .. even if it wasn't at the same angle as the original photo. Not to mention running man had a posture problem. In all honesty, no one has ever really cared about logos except for how they look on gear that we buy. With name changes every 10 - 15 years, all that has resulted is a killing of great brands like Garfield and CBC. At least those names showed ties to the community and were unmistakable with anything else. The Cadets on a google search brings up about 34,000 organizations that have nothing to do with drum corps. I also don't think it would be smart to call them The Cadets of Allentown .. or the Lehigh Valley Cadets. I still don't understand why YEA and the powers that be have continued to try to keep "The Cadets" as an extension of an organization that started and lived in New Jersey for more than 60 years. This logo change is just another example of how YEA and Hoppy have done everything in their power to eliminate their previous brand identification ... except when it is to their advantage to bring it back (HNC).

THE CADETS as a name is fine I guess. I don't see what all the hubbubb is with the logo. Just because Bluecoats did a nice job of branding themselves doesn't mean everyone has to do it. The best method of creating a brand for an organization or company is creating a legacy that lasts for generations .. that's based on your product, where you live and what you represent .... not on the packaging. That at least holds true in Drum Corps. It's not like you can put the logo on a billboard and expect people to subconsciously go out and buy your product .... your product relies on a fan base that buys tickets to see your show and buy your merch at the show or on your website ... people who actually care about this activity. Had you turned the chevrons the other way so it formed a G .. the haphazard fans out there would actually know who it belongs to .. because the G will always mean something to most all drum corps fan$ ... even the new ones.

Best of luck to YEA and The Cadets. If you interpret my rant as poison, you're wrong. It's just my honest feelings about an unnecessary change to a product that has already been diluted by change over the past 25 years. Good is good. And good does not = change in all cases. If this is to be the final product of the logo .. then stick with it ....... forever.

Honestly, it's lame.

Do I like it? MEH!

Does it have a clean look that could easily represent "The Cadets"? Sure

Will a want a T-shirt or cap with that logo on it? NOPE!

From a corporate standpoint, is it a smart representation of the organization? Yes

Will this entice me to send money to the corps? No way.

Will this give the general public a better understanding of who "The Cadets" are? NO

My question is .... what's the point?

Running man was pretty cool .. even if it wasn't at the same angle as the original photo. Not to mention running man had a posture problem. In all honesty, no one has ever really cared about logos except for how they look on gear that we buy. With name changes every 10 - 15 years, all that has resulted is a killing of great brands like Garfield and CBC. At least those names showed ties to the community and were unmistakable with anything else. The Cadets on a google search brings up about 34,000 organizations that have nothing to do with drum corps. I also don't think it would be smart to call them The Cadets of Allentown .. or the Lehigh Valley Cadets. I still don't understand why YEA and the powers that be have continued to try to keep "The Cadets" as an extension of an organization that started and lived in New Jersey for more than 60 years. This logo change is just another example of how YEA and Hoppy have done everything in their power to eliminate their previous brand identification ... except when it is to their advantage to bring it back (HNC).

THE CADETS as a name is fine I guess. I don't see what all the hubbubb is with the logo. Just because Bluecoats did a nice job of branding themselves doesn't mean everyone has to do it. The best method of creating a brand for an organization or company is creating a legacy that lasts for generations .. that's based on your product, where you live and what you represent .... not on the packaging. That at least holds true in Drum Corps. It's not like you can put the logo on a billboard and expect people to subconsciously go out and buy your product .... your product relies on a fan base that buys tickets to see your show and buy your merch at the show or on your website ... people who actually care about this activity. Had you turned the chevrons the other way so it formed a G .. the haphazard fans out there would actually know who it belongs to .. because the G will always mean something to most all drum corps fan$ ... even the new ones.

Best of luck to YEA and The Cadets. If you interpret my rant as poison, you're wrong. It's just my honest feelings about an unnecessary change to a product that has already been diluted by change over the past 25 years. Good is good. And good does not = change in all cases. If this is to be the final product of the logo .. then stick with it ....... forever.

Huh....wow, unfortunately i doubt any of those things are going to happen. I'm not in love with the logo either, but I also recognize that it takes time to get used to something new like this when you've had something else in your head for a while. As far as all the name changes, I understand why they arent from bergen county or garfield anymore. One....because theyre NOT there, in any way shape or form (and there have been threads on dcp of people compaining about corps keeping their location-based names when their operations move). From what I understand, those north jersey cities / towns did less than nothing to keep the cadets - so why should the cadets advertise their name. I would have liked to have kept the Holy Name Cadets - i understand it cause some confusion for 1 year....but I'm pretty sure that confusion was a first year thing, and would have gone down with time. Its not different than any other name change....people would have gotten used to it, and we'd be left with a more distinctive product in the end. Oh well....compared to what they actually do on the field, none of it is all that important in the grand scheme of things...

Huh....wow, unfortunately i doubt any of those things are going to happen. I'm not in love with the logo either, but I also recognize that it takes time to get used to something new like this when you've had something else in your head for a while. As far as all the name changes, I understand why they arent from bergen county or garfield anymore. One....because theyre NOT there, in any way shape or form (and there have been threads on dcp of people compaining about corps keeping their location-based names when their operations move). From what I understand, those north jersey cities / towns did less than nothing to keep the cadets - so why should the cadets advertise their name. I would have liked to have kept the Holy Name Cadets - i understand it cause some confusion for 1 year....but I'm pretty sure that confusion was a first year thing, and would have gone down with time. Its not different than any other name change....people would have gotten used to it, and we'd be left with a more distinctive product in the end. Oh well....compared to what they actually do on the field, none of it is all that important in the grand scheme of things...

I think that pretty much proved my points.

I think it would of made more sense to do it like this. That way it still kinda has the arrow G thing they had going for a while:37201.jpg

I would agree with you about the letter "G" thing, if the name of the corps was THE GADETS!

I just saw an ad for Ford using the same chevron/tire tread design. Cadet Tough?

Also, I thought the reason HNC changed names every few years was for bankruptcy reasons. Shrewd, not homeless.