DCI 2010 Tour Schedule

Ben

Nice to see them using the 4 Dallas/Houston shows to set up San Antonio again this year. With the addition of Teal, that's 11 corps each night. I love it! Looks like Revolution is traveling to CA for the early CA shows.

Thursday 23 July

Dallas, TX:

Blue Devils

Blue Knights

Boston Crusaders

The Cadets

The Cavaliers

Colts

Crossmen

Madison Scouts

Phantom Regiment

Pioneer

Teal Sound

(this line up competes in Houston on 7/24)

Houston, TX:

The Academy

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

Carolina Crown

Cascades

Glassmen

Mandarins

Pacific Crest

Santa Clara Vanguard

Spirit

Troopers

(This line up competes in Dallas on 7/24)

it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG drive for the corps going from Dallas to San Antonio overnight.... DCI still hasn't really learned geography...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from DCI.org appears to be the partial answer:

Also on June 26 thanks to the popularity of events in Annapolis, Md. in 2007 and 2009, a new DCI Premier Event will take place in the Washington, D.C. metro area at a stadium still to be announced. The D.C. event will coincide with MENC: the National Association for Music Education’s Music Education Week which will bring hundreds of music educators and students together in the Capitol City with opportunities for music education advocacy, professional development and performances.

I'm guessing coinciding with MENC is the prime objective (whatever the status with Navy's stadium).

HH

All DC area high schools football stadiums were refurbished over the last couple of years. As a person who grew up in and lived in DC proper, I hope they have a show in DC. Coolige H.S., Cardozo H.S. or Catholic U. are the best stadiums.

No one going to California. Only Cadets, Colts and Glassmen going as far west as Denver.

Um, Revolution?

Go Teal for having 33 (including at least Quarters) shows in their first year in World Class!

But Jersey Surf can still only afford to attend 14 shows. Hell, Legends in their 3(?) year is competing at 20 shows in 2010 as is Cap Reg. Revolution 18 shows.

it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG drive for the corps going from Dallas to San Antonio overnight.... DCI still hasn't really learned geography...

Seems to be about the same distance as Murfreesboro to Atlanta. Or for that matter from Broken Arrow to Dallas.

But Jersey Surf can still only afford to attend 14 shows. Hell, Legends in their 3(?) year is competing at 20 shows in 2010 as is Cap Reg. Revolution 18 shows.

Surf is also a mostly-weekends only corps until the last couple of weeks of the season. I applaud Surf for sticking to their highly successful business model.

8 World Class shows in OHIO :tongue:

A great new show in Akron for their new stadium!

8 shows, but no Blue Devils :thumbup: but I guess we shouldn't complain...

we do have Bluecoats in-state for 6 of the shows.

Bloo is gonna be at the Akron Kangaroo stadium place? Looked nice in the pictures.

And one more point (that has nothing to do with their west coast argument)... I am betting finals attendance drops dramatically in 2010. Usually I have a ton of friends that have already started saving and planning for next season, but this year none of them is planning on going based on their experience this past year.

I believe it. Im thinking this year, i'll hit Dubuque, Minneapolis, and West Des Moines. I attended all 3 nights of finals week last year, and I think this year i will probably just hit semis (to make sure i see star of indiana alumni) and finals. Were it not for the 'family reunion' aspect of finals week, i might not attend at all.

There are plenty of other further drives during the season... its no biggie at all.