Carolina Crown Performing Arts Training Center

Simply Vote to your heart's content.

Simply Vote for the 5 most deserving charities of your choice.

But above all else . . . Simply Vote.

8 Hours and 20 minutes . . .It begins again . . .

Edited by adsigns

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... so there IS such a thing as a "native Washingtonian." :thumbup:

Fran

Yea, We are few and far between.

I don't see how anyone could honestly say giving the $1,000,000 or even the $100,000 awards to a drum corps is a higher priority than any of those organizations. However that is essentially what is being said if you vote for drum corps over legitimate charities.

(Bolded by me)

This argument, though, is absurd.

If I give $200 dollars to Bone Cancer Research...does that mean I think it's more important than feeding the hungry? Helping the homeless? Educating children with needs? Curing muscular dystrophy? Saving the environment? And on and on and on?

Of course not.

What it means is that Bone Cancer personally impacted me, and I want to help end it.

You can't berate someone for their choice of charity by using your own subjective measuring stick to assign value. Just because you personally find something more worthwhile than something else, doesn't mean everyone does. You're essentially insulting people for not thinking like you.

Edited by geluf

If I give $200 dollars to Bone Cancer Research...does that mean I think it's more important than feeding the hungry? Helping the homeless? Educating children with needs? Curing muscular dystrophy? Saving the environment? And on and on and on?

To some degree I think that yes, that is exactly what it means. In my opinion by doing so you are saying that bone cancer research is more important to YOU than those other things.

You can't berate someone for their choice of charity by using your own subjective measuring stick to assign value. Just because you personally find something more worthwhile than something else, doesn't mean everyone does. You're essentially insulting people for not thinking like you.

If some people find drum corps more worthwhile than charities trying to cure diseases or feed the hungry or whatever that is certainly their right. I think it is ridiculous, and that is my right.

If some people find drum corps more worthwhile than charities trying to cure diseases or feed the hungry or whatever that is certainly their right. I think it is ridiculous, and that is my right.

As long as you understand you're applying a subjective measuring stick to your conclusion, then ok then, no problem.

On target. Its all well and good to have great ideas for programs and services. It's another story finding a PLACE to offer them.

Oh and if anyone claims DCP is filled with Crown fanboys I'll be sure to refer them back to all these threads suggesting that Crown has no business asking for or receiving these Chase donations. You don't see Cavies, Phantom or Colts being called out for participating in the contest. But Crown has been repeatedly called-out for being an unworthy recipient of these funds.

You also don't see those other corps creating numerous threads here on DCP about their participation in the contest, either. And, I'm not saying that's a bad or good thing. Obviously, it has served Crown well, so far.

Anyway, I don't have any qualms about their proposal. More power to them, if it pans out.

Edited by dcsnare93

I really wanted to hold off and respond till after the voting, but I cannot! This is the most ridiculous idea I have heard in Drum Corps...or perhaps seeing the video on the Chase website just was completely in-adequate! Infuriating! Who is going to buy into this idea and why would Chase? This is a money pit of a concept...who is going to use it when the camps are not going on...why does it have to look like the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts? I just think this is a poorly strategized concept which makes drum corps look incredibly bad and poor business people. Simply ridiculous. I was going to be a fan of CC after watching them for the last several years...this is not happening.

Quite honestly, there is not a good concept offered by the other drum corps in the competition either. I mean, be specific, give us a long range strategy for how the funding will be used and multiplied over a 50 year period...instead we sit on the turf and talk about buddies and cry about the experiences we had. Perhaps that is great, but what makes the difference to anyone who has never been involved. This activity is so self indulged and this situation is such a prime example. After being a drum corps fan for 21 years...I might find something else to vote for.

I really wanted to hold off and respond till after the voting, but I cannot! This is the most ridiculous idea I have heard in Drum Corps...or perhaps seeing the video on the Chase website just was completely in-adequate! Infuriating! Who is going to buy into this idea and why would Chase? This is a money pit of a concept...who is going to use it when the camps are not going on...why does it have to look like the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts? I just think this is a poorly strategized concept which makes drum corps look incredibly bad and poor business people. Simply ridiculous. I was going to be a fan of CC after watching them for the last several years...this is not happening.

Quite honestly, there is not a good concept offered by the other drum corps in the competition either. I mean, be specific, give us a long range strategy for how the funding will be used and multiplied over a 50 year period...instead we sit on the turf and talk about buddies and cry about the experiences we had. Perhaps that is great, but what makes the difference to anyone who has never been involved. This activity is so self indulged and this situation is such a prime example. After being a drum corps fan for 21 years...I might find something else to vote for.

This I Believe.

I am simply amazed at the negativity that is displayed here, and on some other threads.

Yet I knew it was going to happen.

I challenge each of you that has gone negative in these threads to put your energy to good use.

Vote for the charity that captures your attention.

After this campaign is over, I would also challenge each of the same people to contact their nearest drum corps and offer there assistance. And if it's not a drum corps, then the nearest non-profit that you deem worthy.

Believe me, Drum Corps and other charities will welcome you and put you to work based upon your abilities.

Maybe this whole Chase campaign has awakened alot of folks to the fact they indeed need to do more,

not just drum corps but other very worthy charities.

Come on folks, put your energy to good use.

Make a positive difference.