San Antonio?

It never ceases to amaze me how many so-called "drum corps fans" these days have to have their "climate-con trolled environment" in order to enjoy a drum corps competition!

God made Drum corps to be enjoyed in the elements, not for artificial turf, air-conditioning, and soft seats with arm rests and cup holders!

Thank you, God for moving the San Antonio competitions outdoors, where they belong! Thank you for giving us a venue that allows us to actually HEAR what the corps are playing! If I, at the age of 58, can enjoy the competitions in the elements without complaining about heat, rain, bugs, benches, etc, I am sure that there are others who can too! We will go to the competitions and let those who can't take it stay at home or in their air-conditioned hotel rooms.

:smile:

It never ceases to amaze me how many so-called "drum corps fans" these days have to have their "climate-con trolled environment" in order to enjoy a drum corps competition!

God made Drum corps to be enjoyed in the elements, not for artificial turf, air-conditioning, and soft seats with arm rests and cup holders!

Thank you, God for moving the San Antonio competitions outdoors, where they belong! Thank you for giving us a venue that allows us to actually HEAR what the corps are playing! If I, at the age of 58, can enjoy the competitions in the elements without complaining about heat, rain, bugs, benches, etc, I am sure that there are others who can too! We will go to the competitions and let those who can't take it stay at home or in their air-conditioned hotel rooms.

:smile:

The draw of the San Antonio show is that you can plan a family vacation around it. You get to see almost all of the world class corps without the possibility of a rain out. The air conditioning is just an additional benefit. DCI WILL see a significant loss of revenue because of their mistake here, and they know it. They have already said the show will be at the Alamodome next season. Enjoy your outdoor show dude. It will be back in the Alamodome where it belongs next year. Have a nice "drum corps tour" and don't forget your prescriptions. :smile:

Edited by SFZFAN

The draw of the San Antonio show is that you can plan a family vacation around it. You get to see almost all of the world class corps without the possibility of a rain out.

When' the last time it actually rained in San Antonio in mid-July?

DCI WILL see a significant loss of revenue because of their mistake here, and they know it.

Assuming DCI made a mistake....I'm under the impression that this is out of their control.

Also, with all the complaints about LOS, I'm really surprised to still see people complaining about this being outdoors....really

i believe it was 3/4 years ago san antonio had some of the worst rain ever when i was there for the show. they even closed down the famous waterpark it was so bad. definitly happy then that show was in dome.

You do realize that July is 2 months into the hurricane season in southern TX, right? Last year during the Houston shows (1 and 2 days before San Antonio) we were given quite a light show on both nights.

At least we can leave the tuning slides out after we warm up.

That was always the hardest thing to do....warm up the corps outside in 100 degree Texas afternnon heat...and immediately go in to 68 degrees. Obviously it felt great, but it wasnt easy going on at 2 PM after guessing on how to tune outside. We used to tell the kids to pull them to Milwaukee temperatures. LOL...

DA

The last time I took my son all the way form Iowa to SA. It POURED and thunderstormed BIGTIME. Show was started late so the corps could then have some warm up time. Too much lightning for them to warm up in. So no, I wouldn't plan my vacation that far away and HOPE it doesn't rain out.

Assuming DCI made a mistake....I'm under the impression that this is out of their control.

Also, with all the complaints about LOS, I'm really surprised to still see people complaining about this being outdoors....really

As far as domes go, LOS has the worst sound of any dome, not to mention HORRIBLE viewing. I enjoyed the Alamodome and was planning on going there this year, but I won't be back at LOS...LOS...LOS...LOS......los......los.....los....