DCP No Longer Important?

I read DCP. I have an opinion but it's hard to get a word in edgewise so I'll be a silent majority.

Why is it so " hard to get a word in edgewise " on DCP ? They seem to have enough thread space and bandwidth, no ?

Edited by BRASSO

Why is it so " hard to get a word in edgewise " on DCP ? They seem to have enough thread space and bandwidth, no ?

The thread title says 'Replying to DCP No Longer Important'. The OP asked about camps.

Way back when, this was the time of year when guard were getting ready for their first or second contest.

We'd listen to the horn line with their new charts and the drum line was tickety-boo playing that new diddle, badabing.

I was a dm for 7 years; summer only. The other 8 months of the year were just plain busy :-)

DCP may be "a joke" to many corps, to staffers in particular . . . that much I'll admit. I marched my last summer the year before DCP came into existence, so I don't know what it's like from a members perspective, but I once volunteered at a high-level world class corps, and the staff routinely made fun of DCP in front of members. However, the way they made fun of it, rather than showing disdain, in fact showed how seriously they took it. They could be astoundingly thin-skinned, and always had a knack for sorting through hundreds of positive posts to find the one mildly negative one, which would be printed out, ridiculed, and presented as the opinion held by all DCPers. I know for a fact other corps do this as well. A lot of folks associated with a certain cream colored corps were convinced that DCP was out to get them this summer, even when they are almost universally loved and praised on here.

DCP may lean a bit towards the traditionalist side -- though there are several very vocal and intelligent "progressive" posters, but today's staffers and designers succumb to the same type of groupthink we see on DCP, and are bound and determined to make drum corps look like the other circuits and activities they spend their falls and winters working in. DCP's influence may be limited, but it's an important counter-weight to that attitude.

In the relm of life, it is true that dcp is unimportant. I would say that the site has become stale, from the mods who think that the only things that people want to read about is all the non-personal, non- negative things about our little cult we call Drum Corps. I personally think that they have a connection with the powers that be in certain Drum Corps, where they are able to close any and all posts whenever they want. This used to be an open forum, to express things in the open. Not anymore. It used to be fun to come on this site to read or post real feelings about our activity, now its to the point that if someone is called out as being a clown on this site it is closed. Hype is a good thing in our little activity, we are not the NFL and anything is better than nothing. It sure seems our activity that we all dearly love, is becoming just that- an expensive nothing. Oh, and by the way. I guess my Drum Corps is going to be marching a show this summer- How sad, this is where its going- chief! Peace.

In the relm of life, it is true that dcp is unimportant. I would say that the site has become stale, from the mods who think that the only things that people want to read about is all the non-personal, non- negative things about our little cult we call Drum Corps. I personally think that they have a connection with the powers that be in certain Drum Corps, where they are able to close any and all posts whenever they want. This used to be an open forum, to express things in the open. Not anymore. It used to be fun to come on this site to read or post real feelings about our activity, now its to the point that if someone is called out as being a clown on this site it is closed. Hype is a good thing in our little activity, we are not the NFL and anything is better than nothing. It sure seems our activity that we all dearly love, is becoming just that- an expensive nothing. Oh, and by the way. I guess my Drum Corps is going to be marching a show this summer- How sad, this is where its going- chief! Peace.

Yeah, dcp is certainly controlled by those evil dci media barons. Thats why we had like, negative 42 threads about how much lucas oil sucks, why the new rules suck, and why it isnt drum corps any more. Thats why the 3 most historically successful drum corps in the history of DCI (Blue, Maroon, and Green), are the most roundly criticized.....even more tellingly, when they are having the most success. It's too bad we can't be more like the espn.com forums, which I read occasionally, which is completely unmoderated, and never has a serious discussion go more than 2 posts without someone saying something about your mom.

The thread title says 'Replying to DCP No Longer Important'. The OP asked about camps.

Way back when, this was the time of year when guard were getting ready for their first or second contest.

We'd listen to the horn line with their new charts and the drum line was tickety-boo playing that new diddle, badabing.

I was a dm for 7 years; summer only. The other 8 months of the year were just plain busy :-)

Well there you go. Glad you had a change of heart on posting again. See,.... that wasn't so hard, and you were able to get your words in edgewise and without personal attack.