DCP No Longer Important?

Good things going on down in Fort Mill.

which I'm hoping will culminate with a DCI Title to the corps who were my favorite show 2 years running now :)

I think by important, he meant an important place to get information about the activity. All the bicking has chased away most people that would post information. I think DCP has become the tabloids of the activity.

Again, this is new? People have bickered on dcp for as long as existed, and RAMD before that. Not much has changed....

I believe most drum corps publish some kind of camp report or press release within a week of the camp's conclusion.

and maybe not every corps had someone who felt the urge to run home and post here. we've seen camp reports come a few days late. some corps want to hog all of the media to themselves ( which i'm not against)

when dcp launched most corps websites werent what they are now, we had no twitter, facebook etc.

but DCp still does a good job getting news out...and if people want to donate cash for people to travel to camps to report, i'm sure we could find people to go

Wow, I am really disappointed. So many corps had camps this past weekend, yet there is not a single thread about what happened at them, who saw what, etc. Has DCP been passed over by the people currently active as members, staff, volunteers, fans, etc in favor of Facebook and Twitter. If so, that is a shame. DCP used to be a very important source of info for those without direct connections to the corps and their happenings.

Last weekend I posted some of my observations from the Cadets camp. I did not over-hype the corps or make any predictions on the 2010 season. As a matter of fact, the main point of my post was that the Cadets were in much better shape than expected based on some of the things I have seen posted on DCP. It didn't take long after I put up my post for someone to take a swipe at me for sharing my honest observations. Bottom line, I will continue to attend Cadets camps, however, I will not post any of my observations and subject myself to the silly, petty insults that will surely ensue.

Perhaps all that has been written is the case, however the quashing of anything even remotely controversial may in my opinion have had an effect on the interest toward the site. The guardians of the site close anything that stimulates contorversy. Constantly reading that all is wonderful, does not make for attentive readership.

Or, another thought: camps ran into today because of the holiday and there hasn't been time to post yet??

Maybe give another day or so?

And then you have those corps, one in particular, who likes to exaggerate on how well things are going. They do this year after year warning their competitors that this is going to be "their year." At season's end they wind up with the same dismal scores and placements. It never fails.

Perhaps all that has been written is the case, however the quashing of anything even remotely controversial may in my opinion have had an effect on the interest toward the site. The guardians of the site close anything that stimulates contorversy. Constantly reading that all is wonderful, does not make for attentive readership.

Are you kidding me??? I think you are talking about the wrong site. Threads that ARENT controversial die a quick death due to lack of interest, while threads that have the tiniest bit of controversy can reach 20 pages in a few hours. If anything, the opposite of what you suggest is true, as others on this thread are alluding to.