DCP No Longer Important?

Last weekend I posted some of my observations from the Cadets camp. I did not over-hype the corps or make any predictions on the 2010 season. As a matter of fact, the main point of my post was that the Cadets were in much better shape than expected based on some of the things I have seen posted on DCP. It didn't take long after I put up my post for someone to take a swipe at me for sharing my honest observations. Bottom line, I will continue to attend Cadets camps, however, I will not post any of my observations and subject myself to the silly, petty insults that will surely ensue.

this is like show reviews...you say your true feelings and observations, and someone bashes you. I personally don't care and still do them, and I hope, despite shots you have taken at me in my reviews, you keep posting them because I appreciate your POV and honesty

Last weekend I posted some of my observations from the Cadets camp. I did not over-hype the corps or make any predictions on the 2010 season. As a matter of fact, the main point of my post was that the Cadets were in much better shape than expected based on some of the things I have seen posted on DCP. It didn't take long after I put up my post for someone to take a swipe at me for sharing my honest observations. Bottom line, I will continue to attend Cadets camps, however, I will not post any of my observations and subject myself to the silly, petty insults that will surely ensue.

Dont let one or two idiots stop you from doing that - there are still plenty of people that want to hear what you have to say. With my family and friends all pretty much aged out from the corps, i dont know whats going on like I used to, and i'll be out of the country for the next few months, so sometimes it's just good to hear from someone that was there... :laughing:

Perhaps all that has been written is the case, however the quashing of anything even remotely controversial may in my opinion have had an effect on the interest toward the site. The guardians of the site close anything that stimulates contorversy. Constantly reading that all is wonderful, does not make for attentive readership.

This. DCP is way overmoderated. Attention Webster, new word: overmoderated.

I think the point was that without the controversy, you get three or more days worth of threads on page 1 of the forum. Which doesn't always fair well. Mardi Gras tomorrow (except the thread is dated 2008). Like the status quo is, for a lot of the other marching forums... Plus a lot of corps have a no posting policy / positive only posting policy. And with todays well travelled members, it takes a week from the completion of camp to make it home to post.

DCP has some relevence for those who can't afford to keep their site up to date, or don't have a site, or only one official updater who's busy this week. Most times information is available here that's not even available on the governing bodies webpage. Or the corps official webpage. There's just not much information in the void of the off season.

And then you have those corps, one in particular, who likes to exaggerate on how well things are going. They do this year after year warning their competitors that this is going to be "their year." At season's end they wind up with the same dismal scores and placements. It never fails.

Why do I get the feeling I know who you're talking about...

This. DCP is way overmoderated. Attention Webster, new word: overmoderated.

This. No offense to our mod team, I love you all :laughing: , but there's gotta be room for at least a little negativity or rather opposing views on things or else we can have no discussion. Some people don't like things and they should have the right to express that. I don't mean lambasting someone with a slew of profanity but if I feel corps A's show sucks I should be allowed to say so. I feel like this activity is becoming a little "Don't ask, don't tell" in regards to the problems it may or may not be facing. No need to parade around with a smile on your face if you're not happy. If it's not good let it be known. One does not learn through success, they learn through failure to obtain success.

Wow, I am really disappointed. So many corps had camps this past weekend, yet there is not a single thread about what happened at them, who saw what, etc. Has DCP been passed over by the people currently active as members, staff, volunteers, fans, etc in favor of Facebook and Twitter. If so, that is a shame. DCP used to be a very important source of info for those without direct connections to the corps and their happenings.

Blasphemy!!!! :laughing:

... and the type of behavior you describe is why we will likely NOT got too much coverage of camps on here. Too many smart ###es on here....

And then you have those corps, one in particular, who likes to exaggerate on how well things are going. They do this year after year warning their competitors that this is going to be "their year." At season's end they wind up with the same dismal scores and placements. It never fails.

We should soon see a release from the Americanos administration that they will field another full corps this season. :laughing:

This. No offense to our mod team, I love you all :laughing: , but there's gotta be room for at least a little negativity or rather opposing views on things or else we can have no discussion. Some people don't like things and they should have the right to express that. I don't mean lambasting someone with a slew of profanity but if I feel corps A's show sucks I should be allowed to say so. I feel like this activity is becoming a little "Don't ask, don't tell" in regards to the problems it may or may not be facing. No need to parade around with a smile on your face if you're not happy. If it's not good let it be known. One does not learn through success, they learn through failure to obtain success.

I think DCP does a great job of allowing all viewpoints to be said and heard. if this wasn't the case, you wouldnt have x amount of threads about LOS sucking, finals forever in Indy, show design, judging, etc.