DCP No Longer Important?

Just a theory- members may have been explicitly told not to post about the corps, or even not to post at all, on dcp. Especially during the early season, a lot tends to be hush-hush from many camps.

My corps told me this.

Edited by MDBaritone

We should soon see a release from the Americanos administration that they will field another full corps this season. :tongue:

We are still to working with our alumni, we are producing a small alumni corps. As of yet, dont get your hopes up for Jr corps. Far too much needs to be done to get the organization on that level again. The hall needs to sold, until that happens every thing is up in the air.

I think DCP does a great job of allowing all viewpoints to be said and heard. if this wasn't the case, you wouldnt have x amount of threads about LOS sucking, finals forever in Indy, show design, judging, etc.

Real drumcorps fans still read RAMD! Just sayin'....

DCP is sort of a running joke among many members I've encountered. It's hard to take this place very seriously and especially funny when the frequent posters think they matter WAY more than they actually do.

DCP is sort of a running joke among many members I've encountered. It's hard to take this place very seriously and especially funny when the frequent posters think they matter WAY more than they actually do.

Exactly. And for what you said about members, it goes double for staffers and quadruple for staff over 40, designers, and directors.

All of that aside, the biggest reason I hang around here is to hear the latest news, find out who's playing/doing what, how everyone's doing, etc. But the corps themselves are doing a better job now than even five years ago of communicating with press releases on their own websites, and members, volunteers, etc. are flat out told not to post show stuff/news on DCP as the corps like control of when their information is released to the masses (not a bad thing).

So from the day after finals until the first competitive show of the season, we as a community revert back to the same ol' arguments as usual, thus diminishing the validity of this place even further. It's kind of a Catch 22: if there was more legit stuff to talk about, this place would be more legit. But because corps are more tight lipped than they used to be, there's not a lot of legit stuff to talk about this time of year and we instead turn to arguing about what 'real' drum corps is, thus making this place look ridiculous to the people currently marching/teaching/designing/directing drum corps.

• Like 1

I'll be completely honest... during the actual season, due to some of the characters on here, many times its much nicer to go over to the BD or Blue Stars forums for actual drum corps talk than it is on here.

As a FMM...there is nothing more entertaining than someone going onto their iPhone and reading threads/show reviews etc to a bus full of kids laughing their ##### off.

We were read posts on several occasions from DCP at day meetings in the mornings in 05. Usually they were reviews of the show....some were good / interesting, most were hilarious in their bombastic/over-the-top condemnation of our show....but we enjoyed it either way. Fact is, on tour (especially before everyone had iPhones that could connect you to the real world from anywhere), it was always good to hear from the outside, good or bad....