Rules Changes, Day 2

Uh...George's proposal, if the 18 minute time block is enacted, would add ONE minute per corps block. A six-corps show would add six minutes to the entire show, etc.

That's far from the time alloted to full retreats, and corps early in the show could still be getting on the road to the next destination if desired.

Nothing to see here. :tongue:

one minute this year, 2 more next year......etc whatever

Uh...George's proposal, if the 18 minute time block is enacted, would add ONE minute per corps block. A six-corps show would add six minutes to the entire show, etc.

That's far from the time alloted to full retreats, and corps early in the show could still be getting on the road to the next destination if desired.

Remember years ago when they shortend shows so more could be on the telecast?

And San Antonio would be a half hour longer. How much does it cost to rent the Alamodome per hour?

Mike

I don't think so, which is why I'm not convinced salad's argument is very valid. Last summer, this very topic came up which I and a few others were watching Crown's pre-show. That particular night, we were in a good position to watch what the field judges did during that time. They were finishing their taped wrap-up of the previous corps, and working on the sheets. Not one of them paid any attention to Crown until "Are the judges ready".

A few nights later, we made the same observation of the judges in the box (we found a good viewpoint) and observed exactly the same thing. Granted, this was only two separate observations of the judges on two different nights, so it's certainly not gospel, but it does illustrate that the judges weren't paying attention.

I know that when I judge band shows, a lot of bands do pre-shows, and when I am in a position to watch and listen, I will. But I make sure that it's only as a casual observer, and it doesn't affect the tapes or final scores. As much as I disagree with judges on occasion, this is one area where I'm pretty convinced it's not an issue unless DCI makes it one by allowing GE judges to evaluate pre-shows.

I would agree with this. Most judges have a tough enough time making comments, coming up with the right ranking and number after thinking about who's coming next on the line-up, and then getting things ready for the next corps. And if the judge is on top of all of that, they are going to not mind a minute or two breather in between shows to clear their brain and prepare for the next show. I also would not want DCI judges judging pre-show stuff.

The extra minute is needed to allow echoes more time to escape before the next corps starts playing.

Did anyone watch the Colts game last weekend? I swear I could hear Simple Gifts bouncing around in there.

The extra minute is needed to allow echoes more time to escape before the next corps starts playing.

Did anyone watch the Colts game last weekend? I swear I could hear Simple Gifts bouncing around in there.

I couldnt hear the echo actually over the sound of the ravens terribleness.... :tongue:

And San Antonio would be a half hour longer. How much does it cost to rent the Alamodome per hour?

Mike

and semis just as long, maybe longer

and the rumble i heard on hard hits...was that still synth patches?