Bridgemen Hall of Fame

Ladies and gentlemen...I am very pleased to make the following announcement:

Bridgemen practice on March 20th

Former soloist Jim Brady to sit in and play

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps next practice will be held on Saturday March 20th, at St. Andrews School in Bayonne from 12-4. Sitting in, and playing lead soprano with the corps that day will be former Bridgemen soloist, Jim Brady!

Jim is widely regarded as one of the best soloists in the history of drum corps, including several years with the Saints Drum & Bugle Corps. His legendary solos made a lasting impression on the drum corps community, and subsequent listeners via recordings on the Internet. Jim’s solos with the Bridgemen can be heard on You Tube, and on DCI “Legacy” Recordings, and include the following: Pagliacci-1977; Land of Make Believe-1977; Harlem Nocturne-77 & 78; Ritual Fire Dance-1978; and perhaps his most famous solo, Spanish Dreams-1978. Jim was inducted into the NJ Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 2007 & is being inducted into the Bridgemen Hall of Fame on March 20th.

If you would like to attend the rehearsal to play along with our horn line, or just listen to the great music that will be played on March 20th, feel free to come and join us! All are welcome to attend! We have a very exciting musical show planned for the 2010 season, and we still have openings in all sections. Everyone is always welcome to sit in and play along. If you are looking for a fun, and arousing musical experience, Bayonne is the place for you!!! Our schedule is very light; we only meet about 32 times per year, so you can maintain balance with your family life! If you'd like to play, and want to receive music ahead of time, please contact me, Jim Jordan, through a personal message.

Without a doubt, the Bridgemen are off to our best start ever, and we’re looking to raise our level of performance to even greater heights in 2010! We are very excited about our show, and we’re looking forward to entertaining our audiences with the great passion, and enthusiasm that the Bridgemen have always displayed through our performances!

The Bridgemen hope that you will be able to join us on March 20th, for a very special rehearsal, and we look forward to seeing you there!

St. Andrew’s School is located at 126 Broadway, (intersect. 4th St.) Bayonne, NJ 07002.

Practice is from 12 -4 pm.

For additional info about Bridgemen, go to… bridgemen.com

We hope you can make it! It's going to be a fun afternoon in Bayonne!

HYPE!!!

...Jim Jordan

13 DAYS AND COUNTING :smile::smile::smile:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for competing...

We are all very happy with our "drum corps lite" schedule, thank you!

We are very happy being who we are, thank you!

Peace, love, and HYPE to you!

...Jimmy

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Good for you then and best of luck.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Good for you then and best of luck.

Thank you!

One was a disqualification (1977 ) so that makes ONE. (1978 )

even with two . HALL OF FAME ???? How many years did Diane Brady march ?? 8 ??

how long were the Bridgemen around ?? 45 years !!!!

Congratulation to all, just thought there were better choices for 1st ballot HOF of such a fine and 45 year old org.

It's so easy to sit behind an anonymous screen name and criticize. Make yourself known, step up to the plate and become part of the process. It's very fulfilling to see someone you helped to nominate become elected.

Ladies and gentlemen...I am very pleased to make the following announcement:

Bridgemen practice on March 20th

Former soloist Jim Brady to sit in and play

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps next practice will be held on Saturday March 20th, at St. Andrews School in Bayonne from 12-4. Sitting in, and playing lead soprano with the corps that day will be former Bridgemen soloist, Jim Brady!

Jim is widely regarded as one of the best soloists in the history of drum corps, including several years with the Saints Drum & Bugle Corps. His legendary solos made a lasting impression on the drum corps community, and subsequent listeners via recordings on the Internet. Jim’s solos with the Bridgemen can be heard on You Tube, and on DCI “Legacy” Recordings, and include the following: Pagliacci-1977; Land of Make Believe-1977; Harlem Nocturne-77 & 78; Ritual Fire Dance-1978; and perhaps his most famous solo, Spanish Dreams-1978. Jim was inducted into the NJ Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 2007 & is being inducted into the Bridgemen Hall of Fame on March 20th.

If you would like to attend the rehearsal to play along with our horn line, or just listen to the great music that will be played on March 20th, feel free to come and join us! All are welcome to attend! We have a very exciting musical show planned for the 2010 season, and we still have openings in all sections. Everyone is always welcome to sit in and play along. If you are looking for a fun, and arousing musical experience, Bayonne is the place for you!!! Our schedule is very light; we only meet about 32 times per year, so you can maintain balance with your family life! If you'd like to play, and want to receive music ahead of time, please contact me, Jim Jordan, through a personal message.

Without a doubt, the Bridgemen are off to our best start ever, and we’re looking to raise our level of performance to even greater heights in 2010! We are very excited about our show, and we’re looking forward to entertaining our audiences with the great passion, and enthusiasm that the Bridgemen have always displayed through our performances!

The Bridgemen hope that you will be able to join us on March 20th, for a very special rehearsal, and we look forward to seeing you there!

St. Andrew’s School is located at 126 Broadway, (intersect. 4th St.) Bayonne, NJ 07002.

Practice is from 12 -4 pm.

For additional info about Bridgemen, go to… bridgemen.com

We hope you can make it! It's going to be a fun afternoon in Bayonne!

HYPE!!!

...Jim Jordan

12 DAYS AND COUNTING :devil::shutup::blink::devil:

It's so easy to sit behind an anonymous screen name and criticize. Make yourself known, step up to the plate and become part of the process. It's very fulfilling to see someone you helped to nominate become elected.

What George said!

Several years ago, Tom Hart.... the drum major my first two years with the Sunrisers (1977-78) was inducted into the Sunrisers Hall of Fame.

Tom was with the Sunrisers for only those two full seasons (and the last couple of weeks of the 1980 season).... but he had such an impact on the corps during his brief tenure that his selection to the Sun hall was a no-brainer.

My point: Impact on a given organization is a much more important factor than time spent with that organization, IMO.

Fran

What George said!

Several years ago, Tom Hart.... the drum major my first two years with the Sunrisers (1977-78) was inducted into the Sunrisers Hall of Fame.

Tom was with the Sunrisers for only those two full seasons (and the last couple of weeks of the 1980 season).... but he had such an impact on the corps during his brief tenure that his selection to the Sun hall was a no-brainer.

My point: Impact on a given organization is a much more important factor than time spent with that organization, IMO.

Fran

AMEN. The emphasis is mine. A while back, someone stated in regard to DCA Championships, Submit a Bid.

My comment to you folks who wish to have input, ..... Submit a Nomination Form for next year's class of inductees.

Thank you.

AMEN. The emphasis is mine. A while back, someone stated in regard to DCA Championships, Submit a Bid.

My comment to you folks who wish to have input, ..... Submit a Nomination Form for next year's class of inductees.

Thank you.

Tom ~ that would be Jeff Ream's quote. It will one day be on his grave stone.

:shutup:

If the current members of the Bridgemen wanted to compete they'd be in a competing corps, not where they are currently.

I find it funny that you say come do real drum corps with regard to competing. Many people say that alumni corps are the only "real drum corps" left. I, personally, happen to disagree with that statement. I think every corps out there is real. I don't buy into that because it's not a G bugle, or because guards dance instead of high mark time, it's not "real".

But the Bridgemen are happy with the schedule they have and doing it their way. Why the push to have them be something they don't want to be???

100% agree... as a member of another Alumni-type (yeah we're not 100% ex-members only).

To repeat if someone wants to compete they would be somewhere else. And if their non-competing group would start competing, 9 chances out of 10 that corps would soon have no members.

Still have no idea how Archie did it... :shutup: