Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

As much as I wish I would be at "Drums On", I'm going to have to wait for Houston.. There is going to be some nice mini reunions going down this summer... I have two trips on the boards. Looking forward to meeting up the alumni at a big show.

Are you doing a tailgate this year?

If you want to meet for beers before or after the Houston Friday show let me know! Can't wait to see the Scouts live!

You came into this thread to apologize and say sorry? Really?

What Class.

It seems that we all have our lapses in class if you want to look at various posts made on here. :tongue:

I didn't take his posts as classless, rather just another opinion.

As far as the show goes, GO MADISON! :tongue:

I LOVE IT! I love Jim Prime JR arrangements. They're simply the best out there!

I'm in the minority here, but I was totally underwhelmed by Madison's show. The opening was nice, the drum break was interesting, I liked their arrangement of Rhapdosy...but aside from that, I think it all kinda fell flat. Sure, they're better than last year, but I wasn't all that entertained. Sorry?

I say this every year for some reason here on DCP:

It's OK. You don't have to like them. Really, it is. You can like or dislike whoever you want to. We forgive you.

In the big scheme of things, the season will have a start, middle and end to it, and what any one person thought of a corps, good or bad, will be meaningless when the scores are down on paper forever.

But if everyone ignores you in this particular thread, don't feel bad. Sorry? :tongue:

Surprising lack of acn (Andy) and his bro (Matt) in this thread. You guys gonna be at Drums On??

I've been lurking for months. Can't make it to DOP - got gigs all weekend. I'm going to try and make the Cedarburg show.

I'm sure I helped stoke the fire in the hype the last few years, so I decided to sit back and just read and watch what happens.

I love the new uni's, while not too fond of the short sleeves.

I'm looking forward to a great year from the Scouts.

BTW - Scouts '96 still one of favorite shows of all time.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Right now we know Madison is in reach of Glassmen, that is it. When Madison goes head to head with the other corps you've listed then we'll know if they're in reach of them, or outright beating them or what have you. It definitely sounds like the Scouts will be mixing it up!

As for the do scores matter do they not matter, the more I think of it the more I think they are actually quite relevent. I remember a lot of people expecting some major shuffling to take place once the full panel's started last year and if memory serves there was little or no movement in placement as a direct result of that. I still think the first week at least is affected by previous years placement SOME, but we've already seen departure from that after just a few shows.

Right now we know Madison is ahead of BK and Troopers. Madison is within 3 points of Cavies and Phantom. No way in hell BK or Troopers are that close to those two. I'd say Madison is a good 5 points ahead of them both.

Right now we know Madison is ahead of BK and Troopers. Madison is within 3 points of Cavies and Phantom. No way in hell BK or Troopers are that close to those two. I'd say Madison is a good 5 points ahead of them both.

You are aware that these were two different panels, right?

You cannot compare different shows when nobody at one show has competed with anyone at the other. How can you say 'no way in hell BK\troop are that close to cavies\phantom', but yet BK was right behind glassmen last year, who were right ahead of Madison last night. (interesting note, phantom was 2.15 ahead of glassmen at finals last year, and was 2.8 above glassmen last night)

And quite frankly, we dont even know who is really ahead, because the scores we're getting arent even the full sheet, leaving out brass, guard, and visual performance.

Edited by AlexL

Well, based on all the info I have right now, and the three shows that have occured so far this year (or whatever...) ... I predict with confidence that Santa Clara Vanguard will win DCI in 1978.

That's my prediction.

:sad: