Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Well thank you. I guess I liked the 98 version better for the Drum parts and

the overall energy level. But Flip was definitely a monster as well as Taco and Bone!

Oh, and you needed to keep your chops up with that Bernstein book you had

to play that year....especially Candide!

That was all after the 90 season ..... I would play along with your show on tape so I could keep my range and power. I do appreciate the kind words. Taco, Bone and Flip were definitely monsters. I got to march with Flip for 4 years (1 at Madison). Bet you didn't know he played Mello for 3 years before we arrived in Madison :P

That was all after the 90 season ..... I would play along with your show on tape so I could keep my range and power. I do appreciate the kind words. Taco, Bone and Flip were definitely monsters. I got to march with Flip for 4 years (1 at Madison). Bet you didn't know he played Mello for 3 years before we arrived in Madison :P

You're right Dan, I did not know that. I knew he came from Michigan State, but don't

remember him coming from Northern Aurora. By the way, when did you age out?

I thought it was 1990. If it was 91, another great Cadets show. Underrated in my opinion.

Prelude, Fugue and Riffs was insane - especially the last 30 or so seconds!

You're right Dan, I did not know that. I knew he came from Michigan State, but don't

remember him coming from Northern Aurora. By the way, when did you age out?

I thought it was 1990. If it was 91, another great Cadets show. Underrated in my opinion.

Prelude, Fugue and Riffs was insane - especially the last 30 or so seconds!

I didn't march my last 2 years. Got married (like an idiot). 92 would have been my ageout.

Remembrance from 90 is in my top 5 fav DC songs...ever. You can just bathe in those jazz chords, God I LOVE that song. Being a drummer though, I have to focus entirely on the hornline, except for the back beat rock out section towards the end.

Saw everyone in Allentown over the weekend.

THANK YOU MADISON SCOUTS!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Great show and deffinately the best and most crowd response of the entire weekend! :tongue:

I'm just popping in on this thread to let the Scouts Honks know that their corps was very much appriciated in Allentown. I refuse to read 138 pages of Scout love and I hope my corps can make a similiar comeback and beat you guys asap.

Okay, I'm kidding, but on a serious note the ovations were well deserved. On a more serious note the Crossmen will beat Madsion again one day.

I'm just popping in on this thread to let the Scouts Honks know that their corps was very much appriciated in Allentown. I refuse to read 138 pages of Scout love and I hope my corps can make a similiar comeback and beat you guys asap.

Okay, I'm kidding, but on a serious note the ovations were well deserved. On a more serious note the Crossmen will beat Madsion again one day.

Thank You for your kind words...

~Best of Luck to The Crossmen~

Speaking of "Remembrance" and 1998 earlier, I went to corpsreps and checked scores for '98. That's when I noticed this:

5. Glassmen

6. Madison Scouts

7. Crossmen

No reason it can't be similar to that again some day.

Speaking of "Remembrance" and 1998 earlier, I went to corpsreps and checked scores for '98. That's when I noticed this:

5. Glassmen

6. Madison Scouts

7. Crossmen

No reason it can't be similar to that again some day.

Hopefully someday soon! Although I would put Madison in the number

5 position and hopefully higher even. But seriously it would be great

to see all 3 of these Corps back at the tops of their games again!