Go to Lucas Oil Stadium!

then DCi should quit smoking inside

What if that smoker dies from the heart attack? Whoops! The wake up call should be the last possible recourse because it's so dangerous and probably the least sensible option. I don't think we're there yet.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks & I can guarantee you this.....Star of Indiana Alumni will be ready to play for 8,000 or 800,000 - as will the corps competing for the championship.

Maybe it's just me - but If you're a real drum corps fan/DCI fan, isn't the choice to attend IF you have the ability, a bit of a no-brainer? Boycott the Super Bowl of music summer games because it's at Lucas Oil?? Is that really an option, and what does it solve, other than show the kids competing that it's not about them at all? I'm not saying it's the perfect place - but what can you really do about it. They know they need to change some things. Leave it at that & support the corps.

ok...let me see...airefare 400 or so. hotel probably 600. plus food. plus $300 or so for tickets.

and horrible sound.and depending on your seats, bad sight lines.

maybe it's the logical businessman in me that's about making a profit by doing things right, but this math fails to compute

The first step is admitting you have a problem. ;)

we'll wait for you to admit yours

I will support the corps (and thus DCI) by attending other shows. However, it is highly most likely that NO AMOUNT OF MONEY IS GOING TO FIX THE SOUND PROBLEMS IN THE OIL CAN. DCI has made a decision to stay (are they legally obligated?? Nobody seems to want to say....)and thusfar are standing pat on that decision. How a group that is supposedly running a MUSICAL arts organization can hold their premier event in an atrocious sounding venue is beyond my comprehension. However, they are sticking to this. If 6 years from now they are doing a title show in front of 5,000 parents and friends, they brought it on themselves. The ball is in their court.

GB

I will support the corps (and thus DCI) by attending other shows. However, it is highly most likely that NO AMOUNT OF MONEY IS GOING TO FIX THE SOUND PROBLEMS IN THE OIL CAN. DCI has made a decision to stay (are they legally obligated?? Nobody seems to want to say....)and thusfar are standing pat on that decision. How a group that is supposedly running a MUSICAL arts organization can hold their premier event in an atrocious sounding venue is beyond my comprehension. However, they are sticking to this. If 6 years from now they are doing a title show in front of 5,000 parents and friends, they brought it on themselves. The ball is in their court.

GB

Just like they were legally obligated to the four city rotation after 93 Jackson?

Just like they were legally obligated to the four city rotation after 93 Jackson?

i wonder how much was actually signed with contracts at that point

I will support the corps (and thus DCI) by attending other shows. However, it is highly most likely that NO AMOUNT OF MONEY IS GOING TO FIX THE SOUND PROBLEMS IN THE OIL CAN. DCI has made a decision to stay (are they legally obligated?? Nobody seems to want to say....)and thusfar are standing pat on that decision.

And just as big of a question IMO.....

Just how much will the owners of LOS allow DCI to change......

And just as big of a question IMO.....

Just how much will the owners of LOS allow DCI to change......

Exactly, because there are football fans complaining that LOS is too quiet. Who do you think will win that argument??

Exactly, because there are football fans complaining that LOS is too quiet. Who do you think will win that argument??

I think it's going to come down to two questions:

1) What will it take to improve the sound?

2) How much will it cost to improve the sound?

If any answers to #1 involve digging holes in the building (extreme example but trying to get the point across), no way will Lucas folks allow that.

For #2 would be stupid for DCI to spend a boatload (OK crapload) of money that is needed for survival.

I've been in the SuperDome when it appeared to be packed and think I might know how the place can be too quiet for football. The soundwaves probably bounce around so much they interfer with each other and all that you really hear is a muffled roar (emphasis on muffled).