Did You March DCA...

An all-age DCA corps sounds like a perfect fit for you. I was never able to do a summer tour with a DCi corps, so DCA corps has been my first full drum corps season experience. I am glad I am in it and just like you mentioned, it is a great way to be around people that share my same passion for the activity.

And you make a good impression when you cram the entire show in a single weekend!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did both my years of DCA while I was under 21.

Yes you did!

I started in DCA as a 15 year old. I went to a number of Crossmen camps over the years but, for a number of reasons, it just never worked out. Not a bad thing. The last 20+ years in DCA has worked out just fine for me.

Hey all,

There was no DCA/DCI when I started marching....Then in the mid 1960's when DCA came along I marched in DCA... When DCI entered the picture in the early 1970, I was already an ageout before I could march junior drumcorps... So for me it was American Legion, NyPenn Circuit, Great Lakes circuit, All American, DCA, RCA, ICA, AIDC, then back to DCA, and then Alumni drumcorps.... All of that experience is/was a senior experience for a senior citizen... I loved/am loving it all even today.... Senior drumcorps all the way....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

John G

I joined MBI my first year of knowing what drum corps was and have been there ever since (not like it was too long ago :worthy:) I have one year left (2011) before I age out. It would be nice to march DCI but its looking more and more like I will not be able to. Sure I will be bummed but its nice to know I still have MBI as an option to feed my hunger for drum corps. :tongue:

Me too Jeff......not sure was a DCI in 1958

there was in 1989. I had a shot in 90, but it didn't pan out due to family issues, and I have no regrets all these years later

I marched in a local-circuit junior corps during the first years of the DCI era, but we never competed at a DCI-run event (championship, regional, etc.). Then it was on to DCA with the Sunrisers.

Fran

March DCI and never heard of Senior Corps until 5 years later.Then Steel City, Erie, 18 year gap MVExpress.