Does this pass the sniff test?

If this is an organization that has mature adults with business experience running the financial end, then I wish the best for them and their success.

If, however, this is a 19 year old as claimed who is also Board President with a staff of people like him with no business experience, then the likelihood of the kids in the corps and the Lilly Foundation getting harmed in this deal is very high,

So let me get this straight...

19 year old kid has marched a whopping 3 years of drum corps

Is listed as the executive director, music arranger, brass caption head, and mello tech

He's also listed as the new drum major for a completely different corps

......what?

Seems to me something isn't 100% right up in the ol' noggin.

My Spidey Senses are definitely tingling!

wow, this is all really shocking. i mean, who sits around and thinks of stuff like this??

in the words of Ed Lover... "C'MON SON!!"

and BTW...who's this "Howdy" character? sounds like he doesnt have that good of a reputation around these parts.

I believe this is all legit; as a matter of fact, I'm thinking of sending a huge donation. I hope they accept third party post-dated starter payroll checks drawn off the Bank of Nigeria. :devil:

Very interesting...I'm a relative noob here...so I ask that the info (as it becomes available) continues to get posted here.

I too want to know who this 'Howdy' person is...it certainly sounds like he has a reputation...one he may be eager to overcome (or deny...).

I went to the "store" section of the website. $15 for the audition packet and $80 for the audition fee. When you click on the item it says the item isn't available at this time. Who knows when that will change.

Parents who have no idea what drum corps is about may soon be plunking down $95 for their kids to audition for a corps that nobody had heard of, has never fielded any ensemble, and is apparently run by a 19-year old with no management experience in his bio. That alone would not pass my personal and parental sniff test, but some people might not dig that deeply into the situation before clicking the payment buttons.

Now, if I'm wrong and it's proven that there's more to this corps than meets the eye in terms of management and DCI's knowledge of them, I will eat my words and even send them a donation.

Edited by TerriTroop

Howdy's reputation cannot be denied. Anyone who was around RAMD back in its heyday can well attest to his antics and claims.

This one ranks right up there with the Mountaineers, although maybe not quite as imaginary as that one was...we will see.

Is the Tuba guy Howdy?

That alone raises red flags.

Mike

It is definitely Howdy - and with his reputation - fake degrees, and bogus "ministry" I wouldn't trust this organization. Unless they aren't aware of his colorful past.