Why is Change a so bad?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to say that precussion is anything that produces a sound when struck.....

Then we had a guy around 79/80 who would whip out a pair of sticks and start smacking anything that wouldn't smack back. Blue Man Group had nothing on this dude... street signs, dumpsters, himself.... jeesh...

Man, you guys must hate everything since the pits were grounded then. Shame you don't like pitched and non-pitched effect percussion.

ah but he doesnt...so that just leads to the usual "you hate all change or no change" approach.

oh i know. but some people can go so literal on here.

The irony is the first "That Ain't Drum Corps" gripe I heard was about the marching bells. :rolleyes:

Nineteen Seventy and freakin' FIVE!!!!!!

Don't know how I missed hearing it in 1974 when Buccs had one guy who only played during the drum solo. :worthy:

And I figured John/Kamaraq was kidding around a bit. I left the door open by mis-speaking and he barged right in. :tongue: Some of my first response to him was more of a history lesson to the younger set. Figured he knew most if not all of that anyway.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The irony is the first "That Ain't Drum Corps" gripe I heard was about the marching bells. :rolleyes:

Nineteen Seventy and freakin' FIVE!!!!!!

Jim

Heard that mantra in 1969, when the Sunrisers first used them. :tongue:

Jim

Heard that mantra in 1969, when the Sunrisers first used them. :tongue:

Well I didn't see Sun until 1976 but sure there was a TON of b-wording. :rolleyes:

And true to the spirit of this thread, first time I heard "That Ain't Drum Corps" I thought "WTF is HIS problem". So now I'm seeing both sides of the issue.

Do we need rule changes every year...probally not Are you a director or instructor that it affects you or a spectator who just has to sit back and enjoy....or not

Seriously?

Heh. Most, if not all, the changes trickle down to the "spectators" in some fashion. Ignoring that fact isn't wise since, in large part, the survival of the activity is largely dependent on those "spectators."

But you largely missed the point of the originally quoted post to begin with.

Edited by dcsnare93

Jim

Heard that mantra in 1969, when the Sunrisers first used them. :blink:

Thats right. A lot of people didn't like marching bells in the 1969 Sunrisers and a lot of people wouldn't like marching bells now in the 2010 Sunrisers if the Sunrisers decided to go back to them. ( don't think they will ). The Madison Scouts used marching bells in the 50's. I don't think the Madison Scouts will be bringing marching bells back either any time soon.

Some things change. Some things don't.

Edited by BRASSO