drum corps G-7's

Thanks, Goofy 7!! This helps me narrow down my list of corps to which I'll donate. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some on-line shopping to do at the Madison Scouts on-line store, as well as the Colts solicitation I have still sitting on my counter.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AND if this is true how can Crown be considered as a member? They've only been in the thick of it for a couple of years.

Because this is 2010 and the past doesn't matter. :blink:

Thanks, Goofy 7!! This helps me narrow down my list of corps to which I'll donate. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some on-line shopping to do at the Madison Scouts on-line store, as well as the Colts solicitation I have still sitting on my counter.

Geez.

You know, it's like people say on here all the time. DCP is a small community. I'm sure those corps will be fine as far as donations are concerned. And just like in the news media, this story will be a hot topic for a week, maybe two. But when the season comes around, everyone will forget all about this story and start talking about how much they LOVE some of the "G7's" shows and talking about what shows they're going to next.

here's some tea served pipping hot!

a name they have given themselves the "G-7's" :blink: are comprised of the leadership from the blue devils,SCV.crown.cadets,the cavaliers,phantom regiment and the bluecoats and it seems they are proposing for the year 2011 that they only compete among each other in what will be an deemed and elite corps division,also proposed is that they only perform/compete on on friday,saturday and sunday along with recieving more money per show. :blink:

there is also a request for dci to cut their office staff by half. :w00t:

and reportedly their have also been many "transitions" on the executive board....... :blink:

it's the times.......there a changin....... :blink:

Citation please?

Geez.

You know, it's like people say on here all the time. DCP is a small community. I'm sure those corps will be fine as far as donations are concerned. And just like in the news media, this story will be a hot topic for a week, maybe two. But when the season comes around, everyone will forget all about this story and start talking about how much they LOVE some of the "G7's" shows and talking about what shows they're going to next.

....not this time, my friend.

G

Geez.

Yeah. Sure.

I’m sure the DCI version will have absolutely no editorial bias and will present this new division with the entire history and motivations that brought about this change.

Please quote the message where I said this. Thanks!

Geez.

agree totally

Geez.

the shows for 2010 may get love, but i see some serious backlash

Citation please?

Citations are apparently irrelevant on this thread. The "G7" has already been condemned according to some of the posters on here so we can ask for citations all we want, but some people have already formed their opinions.