Here's hoping Blue Stars and BAC

exactly. it's a huge dilemma

Here's the real problem though:

How do we get past this?

How do you voice your displeasure to the G7 corps without damaging the activity?

If you don't buy a ticket, (which is admirable,) then that hurts DCI, and the G7 will point the finger at DCI for poor management and lackluster ticket sales.

If you don't buy souvenirs from the G7, then they will cry that they need more money due to DCI's mismanagement.

If you DO buy tickets to shows to support the non-G7 corps, the G7 still get more money.

Sounds to me like the G7 have all of us by the cojones.

I cannot think of a way to get this point across that will do more good than harm.

The only 2 things I can think of are:

Going to a show and walking out of the stands during G7 performances. This would send a message, BUT G7 would still get your money.

Starting a massive email campaign to voice our support for the activity as a whole and try to bring everyone together.

That's all I got.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone stop and think about the fact that "The act" might be the reason for the declining ticket sales?

- Edit -

Let me expand because on further thought, that sounds just plain stupid.

Aren't these corps the reason for all these advancements? Bb bugles, amplification, narration, synths, woodwinds in pre-show. I know the consensus isn't always unified on here, but DCP is still a very small part of the drum corps world. Maybe over the years, people got tired of all the changes, and how corps isn't the way it used to be. And since the other corps aren't said act, they followed suit, because these upper level corps put more butts in the seats than them. But hasn't attendance gone down for everyone? Maybe the lower corps are being unfairly affected by these rules that the upper level corps are putting in to place.

People will probably call my idea stupid, pointless, completely wrong. Oh well. Just a thought.

it's been discussed before, and I think there is some merit to it. "the act" is more vocal in pushing for the changes ( certain pieces of the act really vocal) , and as such, have been listed as reason why people have left.

There is one thing only that would influence the G-7 structure, and it is people not being at their shows.

This IS what has been going on. And why they are desperate.

Desperate times require ( they believe ) desperate measures.

They are in panic mode now.

And what the " all change is good " crowd are requesting now, ie " that those who don't like what is happening, just leave ", are doing just that. By the thousands. And have, for quite some time now.

We are where we are right now in the activity in terms of lack of fans precisely BECAUSE of the radical transformation of the activity.

It's like a once naturally good looking girl ( not perfect, but very pretty nonetheless ) with an agreeable personality decides she needs major cosmetic surgery on her face, boobs, buttocks to become glamourous to the world. But after the major reconstuction surgery she finds that she is now ugly on the outside, unhappy on the inside, almost broke, and is thinking of a divorce. In this case, as the husband or boyfriend who told her she shouldn't do this, the best thing now is to probably let the unhappy girl and her new found 6 girlfriends in a similar situation leave if that's what they think they need to do. They... brought.... it.... on.... themselves. And it's not like they wern't warned not to go after all the cosmetic toys and promises the Reconstruction Surgery Physicians were hustling to them.

Edited by BRASSO

WOW C- 2000 didnt seem to deserve that. Im sure you certainly have a passion for what YOU think the entire activty should be and very much entitled to your opinion and so are the many others who maybe DONT post on DCP ( Which Im very sure is the majority ) but your wording of crap , bums

( another post ) spewed out ,so on and so on seems quite extreme. Im not challenging you by no means, but I don't think narrow mindedness, self indlugent bitterness, as well as rudeness is not a part of the legacy generation.

To Cadet 2000 we all have opinions, keep on posting

Lol, Hey don't worry about it. I'm not. I've been called a lot worse.

Besides, some people get angry when they know someone else is speaking the truth.

He'll be at the show, and he won't get up and go to the bathroom and take a ____ while the "G7" are performing. Some people are just all talk.

Besides, some people get angry when they know someone else is speaking the truth.

He'll be at the show, and he won't get up and go to the bathroom and take a ____ while the "G7" are performing. Some people are just all talk.

Actually, I did exactly that in 2006 to show my displeasure at The Cadets choice of show. I attended 7 shows that year that they competed in, and every time they entered the field. I left the stands. I also had volunteered for them for years in the past and had sponsored specific members every year for quite some time. I had a huge collection of Cadet apparel that I had bought from them over the years. I no longer do any of that due to the direction their management has taken the activity. THAT, in my mind, is a strong vote of displeasure for what they are doing to the activity.

(BTW, I now spend a lot of my time and $$$$ supporting a non-G-7 corps. I didn't leave drum corps, just the type of corps that takes the destructive approach to the activity).

Edited by noneofyourbusiness

Some fans are more than " just all talk ". Many " talked " via their feet.

And now they are completely silent.

Which has brought us now to the precarious financial position we are in today in this activity.

Edited by BRASSO

I can just FEEL the anger running through your veins lol. Why do we have to go this route anyway? It was just a proposal.

Can we stop with the "just a proposal" crap?

That is irrelevant and ignores the issue. Suppose President Obama's chief of staff announced a new exciting proposal for helping all Americans by abolishing Congress and the Supreme Court, and "insourcing" those duties to the Executive Branch, to save money and make government more efficient (which it would, by the way).

Should this not bother people because it's "just a proposal"? Should people wait to get angry until a change is actually implemented?

Edited by Cache_Money

Edited by AmmerMP

Can we stop with the "just a proposal" crap?

That is irrelevant and ignores the issue. Suppose President Obama's chief of staff announced a new exciting proposal for helping all Americans by abolishing Congress and the Supreme Court, and "insourcing" those duties to the Executive Branch, to save money and make government more efficient (which it would, by the way).

Should this not bother people because it's "just a proposal"? Should people wait to get angry until a change is actually implemented?

Or people could read the proposal for themselves, and then form an opinion. Wow, what a crazy idea. But that's too much to ask most people it seems. And I don't have an opinion on it bc I haven't read the proposal yet. But it seems like everyone on here has by the reaction I'm seeing. So I would like to ask them, where can I find it?