Drums! (2010 Edition)

Phantom probably is waiting til a little ways in the season to change the sash on the uni. According to the vid infant network, the sash will be straight up on the left shoulder. And as for the drums? Im sure they'll look better under stadium lighting. cant wait to see it!

Edited by UNTdrummer11

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wait, it gets better!

35736_534553106159_202804666_31299707_6500722_n.jpg

So they're gonna do a switch to small snares again - was 1995 the last time they did that during MARS?

So they're gonna do a switch to small snares again - was 1995 the last time they did that during MARS?

The smaller snares will have mylar heads, from what I remember.

Edited by mobrien

Those are the new 14X9 Yamaha SFZ Piccolo snare drums. They have never been marched before by a DCI corps. And yes, they are the Mylar drums that The Cavaliers are using this season.

No, they don't have 18 snares. They have 9 snares that use two different drums during the show. The Bass Drums and Tenors do not switch drums.

Sorry if I am reposting something someone else asked, but did anybody do the math? 4 tenors + 5 basses also equals 9. 18 man snare line, anyone?

except that they have 5 quads this year. that would equal 10.

it's also been confirmed by mike mcintosh that they will be using the short snares at some point in the show.....with mylar heads on top.

Heard the mylars last weekend. I still need convinced. But it should be noted that I did NOT hear them in context with the full corps or a run through of the entire show.