New Unis

Spirit's new uniform:

36674_415120140688_665370688_4956973_667968_n.jpg

Beam me up, Scotty! Those look like a jumbled mash of fabric- not a good look at all.

Compare that to these from the mid 2000's:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1302114462032437388YXScFU

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1302114403032437388bYydqk

Why do so many corps these days think that their history and traditions are a hindrance rather than a benefit to them???

The back of the Troopers. Not much, but a little.

uniform1.jpg

Spirit's new uniform:

36674_415120140688_665370688_4956973_667968_n.jpg

I wonder if the two tones leg is going to make them look like they're limping the same way it did to blue stars. Didn't the people who designed this uniform see how the two toned leg didn't work before? why do something that wasn't effective when someone else did it.

White Shakos - and are they really going without a plume or did they just not have them in for this pic?

Edited by bluecoats88

The back of the Troopers. Not much, but a little.

uniform1.jpg

Looks less like a jumpsuit, which is something I didn't like about the last uniform. Can't wait to see what the front looks like. - go troop

I wonder if the two tones leg is going to make them look like they're limping the same way it did to blue stars. Didn't the people who designed this uniform see how the two toned leg didn't work before? why do something that wasn't effective when someone else did it.

White Shakos - and are they really going without a plume or did they just not have them in for this pic?

The plumes weren't in for the pic. I've seen them - they're white, like the shako.

And personally, I don't think the two-tone will be as big of a problem this time around because the colors aren't as different. I imagine that the difference between black and grey would be somewhat difficult to distinguish from the stands (as opposed to blue and white)...maybe. I haven't seen these uniforms on the move yet, so all of that is just pure speculation on my part. I'll be able to see for sure once their show is up on the Fan Network (hopefully some time today!).

On first glance, I felt "meh" about Spirit's uni - a hodgepodge of design.

The more I look at it, though, the more I like it - it's got a retro-block-art kind of feel to it. And the two-tone black/grey pants won't be near as problematic as Blue Stars' were.

As for Troopers. :( From a military uniform to a military-inspired uniform to a military-inspired performance costume. I know it's the way of the world, but it's still sad to see.

Mike

FJM and all these uniform companies need to get a bit more creative but more so maybe have more individual unique design. I know its more cost effective to copy a pattern and maybe just change the color or change maybe 1 thing on it but its stating to look all the same.Many, HS bands are all looking like someone else also .

Just one persons opinion :smile:

:smile: Wow.

Has Spirit become the test bed for FJM's newest experiments? Last time it was the gradient fabric and now this. They're getting more and more radical each time. There's nothing really wrong with this, but it could be worn by anybody. When you have such a classic, distinctive and visually effective design as the uniforms with the big white delta, why not modernize, freshen, recolor, adjust and modify that rather than go off on such wild tangents?

Especially when their poster, theme this year is ALL about building a big delta?!

This new design is going to be worn by 35 hs bands in the next year, with the only change being a little embroidered tiger or similar in place of the "delta", which is looking a lot more like an A to me. Is it supposed to be an A for them moving back to Atlanta?

Nice effort, but puzzling.

Actually, the delta IS the A in Atlanta. I like it. People say its looks good on the field. People like the show (for once). I've worn the dark blue/red/cream SOA uni and the baby blue uni. I was proud both times and the current members should be proud too.

:smile: Wow.

Has Spirit become the test bed for FJM's newest experiments? Last time it was the gradient fabric and now this. They're getting more and more radical each time. There's nothing really wrong with this, but it could be worn by anybody. When you have such a classic, distinctive and visually effective design as the uniforms with the big white delta, why not modernize, freshen, recolor, adjust and modify that rather than go off on such wild tangents?

Ding ding ding!

Other than the delta- which is pretty small and really hard to pick out, there's absolutely NOTHING about this uniform that says "Spirit of Atlanta". Rather, it says, "Oh look- there's somebody. No clue who they are," As I said in an earlier post, you'd think that a corps with such a rich history would want to really acknowledge it instead of just giving it a slight nod, as this uni does.