New Unis

Actually, the delta IS the A in Atlanta. I like it. People say its looks good on the field. People like the show (for once). I've worn the dark blue/red/cream SOA uni and the baby blue uni. I was proud both times and the current members should be proud too.

I liked the dark blue/red/cream SOA uni you guys wore

Okay, opinion time.

I would love for Spirit to go back to the whole "front and center delta" kind of uniform. I think just about everybody on here would like to see that. Heck, that was the basis for pretty much every single uniform they've worn up until 2007. So why don't they go back to it? Personally, I think it's because they're looking for something that's visually effective, and unfortunately, delta-on-the-chest doesn't achieve this. Look at the '03 uniforms, for instance. It's cool that there's a big giant delta right there, but the uniform as a whole makes all the members look maybe 5 feet tall. It seemed very "clunky" to me, if that makes sense.

While I don't know how long these new uniforms will be used (wouldn't mind if they stuck around for a few years, though - I do like them), I really hope that they eventually find a way to make the delta front-and-center again in a way that will also be visually effective. If they could remake the 1980 uniform with better materials (and maybe streamline it a little, but not so much that it starts to look like the '03 or '06 uniforms, for instance), I think that would be great...but at the same time, we also have to remember that this is a new Spirit. They're trying to take the corps in a new direction, and so they need a uniform that will represent that well...and an old-school uniform like the 1980 one doesn't do that. They need something modern, and this is about as modern as you can get. I know they're not trying to get rid of the delta - if they really wanted to, they would have done so already. But in these modern days of drum corps, there's so much more emphasis placed on the visual aspect of a show, and corps need a uniform that will help them look better from the stands.

Again, I don't know if this will make sense to anybody here. Sometimes I have trouble expressing my opinion exactly the way I'd like to, so apologies if some of this comes off as awkward or not making sense. But that's personally how I feel about the idea behind Spirit's new uniforms (both the '07 one and this one). Go go gadget civil discussion?

I'm not gonna lie, I actually REALLY like the new Spirit uniform. I can see them ditching the two tone pants in a year or two though, and possibly going with all black, much like Blue Stars went with all white. I wish there was a bit more blue (and that the blue was more representative of the Spirit baby blue), but overall I actually really like it. Then again, I also liked the last Spirit uniform for which everyone seemed to express discontent...

I've seen Blue Stars new unis. I need a couple more viewings to really make up my mind, right now I think they're about 75%/25% on the pros/cons scale. They are MUCH different than last year and should reflect the mood of the show quite well.

ya'll should sit down with a piece of paper and draw what YOU think THEIR uniforms should look like...

and then get it bashed on here. I like Spirit's uniforms, a lot actually.

I kind of agree, without the bashing part. What exactly would a combination be that both allows for modern visual performance while staying true to their heritage? What would you *like* to see, if you don't like the uni?

Mike

Actually, the first thing that jumped into my mind wasn't Star Trek, but "WGI." Overall, I'm underwhelmed. (And that only vaguely resembles a delta.)

I was going to say - it's pretty abstract. Looks like just a scratchy font letter A to me.

I'm ok with the design, but the lack of delta bothers me.

I was going to say - it's pretty abstract. Looks like just a scratchy font letter A to me.

I'm ok with the design, but the lack of delta bothers me.

Isn't that a Delta on the hat? Not saying you are wrong about lack of Delta because it isn't as obvious, but I like the new look.

Spirit's new uniform:

36674_415120140688_665370688_4956973_667968_n.jpg

This is honestly the first uniform I have ever seen that has confused me. I honestly don't know what to think about this uniform. I don't hate it, but I don't really like it that much each either. But it isn't really just ok. My brain hurts.