DCPI XIV Season Discussion

I sure am noticing allot of FANFARE corps in the top 5 in WC (4 out of 5) this morning. :tongue:

Well my CLASSmates and I are doing just fine, drafting to make our move at the end.

CLASS and FANFARE do make up 10 of the 12 finalist spots right now.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a "G-7" thing, it's an "F-7" thing. :tongue:

Well, it looks like somebody liked our new ending. The NMP is looking fowards to finals week. We may pull back a little to make sure we don't win Prelims. :tongue:

FYI the recaps for the 8th are up.

FYI the recaps for the 8th are up.

I find myself too curious (and a bit concerned) to not ask: What happened to the three shows that ran on the 8th?

Toledo, Trenton & Warrenton have not appeared anywhere... and yet the shows from the 9th and I&E are there.

Any idea when we'll get to see 'em?

I find myself too curious (and a bit concerned) to not ask: What happened to the three shows that ran on the 8th?

Toledo, Trenton & Warrenton have not appeared anywhere... and yet the shows from the 9th and I&E are there.

Any idea when we'll get to see 'em?

It seems that because the recaps were late getting up, Jeff skipped those shows, but we haven't gotten an explaination yet.

What time is it? FINALS WEEK!!!!! The corps have been on the road for a long time, and it's time for their hard work to pay off. Today, 131 corps will compete with the ultimate prize at stake: the DCPI Championship trophy. Dreams will be realized and hearts will be broken as the corps conclude another epic season.

Today represents the most difficult day of the entire season from a logistics standpoint. The World Class corps alone represent over 15 combined HOURS of competition time. As a result, we're breaking up each division into two competing groups, odds and evens, based on the most recent DCPI rankings as compiled by hostrauser. What this means is, for the first time ever, we will be staging the first round of finals at SIX different venues! So no matter where you go, you're gonna see some #### good drum corps today!

For world class, odds will compete at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy and evens will compete at IU's Memorial Stadium in Bloomington:

IndianapolisINLucasOilStadium65000-1.jpgBloomingtonINMemorialStadium60000.jpg

For open class, odds will compete at IUPUI's Carroll Stadium in downtown Indy and evens will compete at Ball State University's Schuemann Stadium in Muncie IN, about 45 miles north of Indy:

IndianapolisINCarrollStadium9000-2.jpgMuncieIN2.jpg

Finally, for class A, odds will compete at Ben Davis HS on the west side of Indy and evens will travel to Terre Haute IN to compete at Indiana State's Memorial Stadium:

IndianapolisINBenDavisHS7000-2.jpgTerreHauteINMemorialStadium10000.jpg

The "out of town" venues for even-numbered corps will be used for prelims only, with advancing corps moving on to the "in-town" venues in subsequent rounds. As always, all corps' championship finals rounds will be staged at "The Luke".

And with that, that concludes another season of "The Guide". We'll be back for season 15 when DCPI once again "Heads West, Young Director!"

What time is it? FINALS WEEK!!!!! The corps have been on the road for a long time, and it's time for their hard work to pay off. Today, 131 corps will compete with the ultimate prize at stake: the DCPI Championship trophy. Dreams will be realized and hearts will be broken as the corps conclude another epic season.

Today represents the most difficult day of the entire season from a logistics standpoint. The World Class corps alone represent over 15 combined HOURS of competition time. As a result, we're breaking up each division into two competing groups, odds and evens, based on the most recent DCPI rankings as compiled by hostrauser. What this means is, for the first time ever, we will be staging the first round of finals at SIX different venues! So no matter where you go, you're gonna see some #### good drum corps today!

For world class, odds will compete at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy and evens will compete at IU's Memorial Stadium in Bloomington:

IndianapolisINLucasOilStadium65000-1.jpgBloomingtonINMemorialStadium60000.jpg

For open class, odds will compete at IUPUI's Carroll Stadium in downtown Indy and evens will compete at Ball State University's Schuemann Stadium in Muncie IN, about 45 miles north of Indy:

IndianapolisINCarrollStadium9000-2.jpgMuncieIN2.jpg

Finally, for class A, odds will compete at Ben Davis HS on the west side of Indy and evens will travel to Terre Haute IN to compete at Indiana State's Memorial Stadium:

IndianapolisINBenDavisHS7000-2.jpgTerreHauteINMemorialStadium10000.jpg

The "out of town" venues for even-numbered corps will be used for prelims only, with advancing corps moving on to the "in-town" venues in subsequent rounds. As always, all corps' championship finals rounds will be staged at "The Luke".

And with that, that concludes another season of "The Guide". We'll be back for season 15 when DCPI once again "Heads West, Young Director!"

Thanks, Matt!

Any idea when schedules will be posted?

Scores for 8-8 are posted. Sorry about that, I am not used to having a sunday night show!

Also, the caption change rules for finals week is now in effect. Since I will be on the road to Indy at 4:00 and not able to make the change then, I went ahead and changed them now for all classes, since all classes have their first finals week show tonight. So you are now allowed to change 2 captions per 24 hours.

Also, with me being in Indy for the rest of the week, scores may be posted at weird times... please be patient :P

Also, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CORPS ARE SCHEDULED TO COMPETE IN THE FINALS COMPETITION TODAY, IF THEY ARE NOT, THEY WILL NOT BE SCORES, AND WILL NOT MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!!

Good luck to all!!!

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello