DCPI XIV Season Discussion

You can change captions 24 hours after your last change.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was a little bummed to see a 14 next to the Velour Knights name but things will change once real scores kick in. (One hopes)

Happy with 2 of my 3 corps' results. One of them is short 3 caption points because I can't figure out how to best use them. I expect that'll change after tonight's show.

Scores are up. Congrats to our Open and A Class finalists!!

Texas Zephyrs have made some last-minute tweaks to the show's drill, and cleaned like crazy the past couple of days...hopefully we can pull off the upset tomorrow night, but while the corps members are confident they can, the staff is a bit more wary. Hopefully the brass can tighten up "Fanfare for the Common Man" and "Perilous Skies." "Clair de Lune" and "Moonlight Serenade" are holding together well, probably due to a better ensemble setting drill-wise; hopefully the drill tweaks we've made improve both of those.

Either way, though, the kids are proud of what they've been able to do, building off of our crazy run into Finals in Season XII and our solid Finals corps in Season XIII. Hopefully we can keep it up into Season XV!

Let's hope I can vanish my way into Finals...

Gah! Tight! Excrutiatingly Tight - but oh soo fun! :lol:

2 corps in Finals, 1 to go. That's all I ask, especially after last summer's disaster. :lol:

Some troubles last night in execution had Star of Hawaii sweating bullets before scores announced. 3 snares went down in heap causing havoc for a good 45 seconds. Nobody hurt. We literally "rolled" into Finals by slim margin.

Cross was a solid 3rd to Finals.

Jupiter had no where to go but down and they did dropping to a comfortable tie for 5th.

Interesting to see 2 old FANFARE stalwarts coming out on fire last night, Mystre and Kadence.