Charleston, WV

a Phillies fan and drum corps fans in Allentown are not the same thing. hell most Phillies fans aren't like that ########

Do you not detect an incongruity between this statement:

good review, but God do you get overly sensitive about WV jokes. it's not like we are talking the hills of Kentucky :blink:

And this one?

a Phillies fan and drum corps fans in Allentown are not the same thing. hell most Phillies fans aren't like that ########

Lighten up! :laughing:

Edited by Rifuarian

note...i said MOST Phillies fans.

I didnt take into account when the Mets come to town :town:

Ding ding ding!!!!!

This is the reason for smaller panels in earlier shows. In order to help sustain the number of early

season shows it was decided that using a smaller judging panel would help save the show sponsors money.

They are the ones who pay for judges, not DCI. It's not just the judging fee either, it's travel and lodging as well.

A lot of smaller shows barely break even (and sometimes they don't) so every little bit helps.

I happen to think these smaller early season shows are very important for everyone involved, so if DCI feels

that lessening the burden on sponsors so they keep hosting their show every year is a good idea, it's ok with me.

I don't think I'd have a problem with using full panels at the larger, DCI sponsored events like Normal, btw.

Worth considering.

The sponsors pay the same price whether it is a 5 judge or 8 judge panel. DCI saves the $$, not the sponsors.

The sponsors pay the same price whether it is a 5 judge or 8 judge panel. DCI saves the $$, not the sponsors.

Good to know...either way, somebody is saving money. If it was dci that traditionally paid for the judges and their lodging / transport, then that certainly makes sense.

i want recaps :laughing:

I heard Phantom got a 15.9 in drums, Bluecoats and Cadets had a 15.6, and Crown got a 15.5.