Charleston, WV

Dude, it's very clear you don't like the reduced judging panel which is totally your opinion and you are entitled to it. What seems odd is that you continue arguing with others who don't think its a problem and trying to imply they somehow just don't "get it". If you truly feel it is a valid point of view to have their opinion, why do you keep responding everytime someone disagrees with you? It just looks like you are either so self-centered that you feel your opinion is the only one that matters or that you are somehow trying to win by having the last word.

I can't for the life of me see how this has somehow lessened the corps experience or that corps at finals don't do as well because they didn't have the extra judging feedback early on. The shows seems to be as high quality or even higher than they have in the past. I certainly don't feel short-changed as a fan by DCI because of the reduced panel. DCI is a business and myself along with many others haven't been happy with the way everything is managed (I am still disenchanted with the whole Indy finals thing). Having said that, I am not on the board, I do not have the details on why every decision is made and until I'm willing to either make such a huge donation I can change it or get a job for DCI I'm gonna be content living with their decisions.

Well, part of my multiple responses was because there were a lot of responses for my call for a change to a full judging panel for the entire 6 -7 week competitive season. But I agree, there is no need to be redundant, so there's no more need to my responding one more time on this topic... to YOU. I know your position on it now... It mirrors quite a few others. I know their positions on it.... and why. You know my position on it... and why. We move on.

YIKES! count me as one who has never been and has no desire to go there either!

so i guess asking for a review is pretty much futile.

Don't bother. Considering the majority of the people that live here don't fit inside the stereotypical box folks like yourself have put them in...

WV is actually a pretty awesome place that offers some pretty awesome thing to do and see, but since everyone seems to think that if you visit WV you immediately begin to speak with an accent, chew tobacco, drink moonshine, and have desires to kiss your sister, most miss out on the hidden treasure trove.

But anyway...

Teal Sound - 63.300 - ok, I'll say it again for a second year in a row; those uniforms are ugly and look dirty. The show "In the Presence of Enemies" sounds like an interesting concept, but I was not sold on it last night. I don't remember much about the show, other than they had a bassist and a guitarist whom you could tell were working really hard, but you couldn't really hear them from where I was sitting (directly on the 30) except for one part, and then they almost overpowered the rest of the front ensemble.

Spirit - 67.000 - WOW! The new uniforms look super sharp, and I really like how they look especially compared to the uniform of the last few seasons. Corpsreps.com has some great photos of the uniform. The show "Forging an Icon" sounds really good, and I really enjoyed the drum feature.

37390_1488295373852_1427970054_31316478_3520864_n.jpg

\^/ GLASSMEN \^/ - 70.300 - I first heard "The Prayer Cycle" music in January, as one of my fraternity brothers is in the G-men contra section, when I first heard it, I told him this show will either be really good or it will flop...this show is really good! I think some first night jitters got the best of a couple guard folks with drops, and I would definitely like to hear the show without someone behind me talking very loudly about "OMG! WHY IS SHE STANDING ON HIS TENORS?!?!?" But this show will definitely be one that I download from this season. Great first show, GLASSMEN!

36455_407203423999_520923999_4185893_6359998_n.jpg

CROWN - 76.600 - Wow. This show is August clean in June. My friend and I both looked at each other and were like "Oh...and its only June." I really really hope they don't peak early, and that this is as clean as it gets. I also can't wait to hear the final ending to the show, since I'm 99.8% sure that the way they ended the show last night is not the ending we will hear come regionals.

37390_1488298093920_1427970054_31316486_7424877_n.jpg

Cadets - 75.800 - I'm going to be honest, the show kinda left me going "WTF?" but it was a good show, and the crowd really liked it. I need to see it again before I pass judgement on it.

37390_1488299533956_1427970054_31316488_3520209_n.jpg

Bluecoats - 73.600 - This show is extremely well written, if you take the "dark" parts of the past 2 years and smash them together, that's the overall sound this year. Easily a Top 6 show, and another Bluecoats show to add to my iPod.

36455_407223993999_520923999_4186274_1719846_n.jpg

PR - 73.500 - I think marching 4 contra holes is hurting the overall product, however, this show is still fantastic, and the music choice of "The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms" is something that I think fits really well with Phantom, and I think I really need to see this show again and sit a little lower and more toward the middle to get the full effect.

37390_1488313214298_1427970054_31316510_8289827_n.jpg

I have to say, I was slightly disappointed at Spirit, G-men, Bluecoats, and Phantom's scores, as they seemed a little low to me. Yes, Cadets and Crown were good, but I don't think Cadets were 2 full points better than Bluecoats/Phantom. Personally, I would have scored Spirit and Glassmen near where Phantom was scored, give or take a few tenths, Phantom 74.500 (+/- some tenths), and Bluecoats more along the lines of 75.775 if we're scoring Cadets at 75.800, but hey, I'm not a DCI judge.

I missed most of encore due to visiting with friends who were marching, but I heard them playing the opener from "Defiant Heart" which to this day is still one of my very favorite Phantom Regiment shows.

Thanks to my friend Matt for the photos of Glassmen and Bluecoats since they were better than mine. :laughing:

If Crown is as clean as some people are claiming they are going to max out at 85.

And let me add this....I still stand my ground and believe that Blue Devils will win.... :laughing:

....but l'll also throw in that if Crown can solidify their marching alone, they will have a much better shot at their first ring.

This year's world champion will be determined by ONE factor, IMO: MARCHING. Whoever marches the best will win.

Edited by bccadet09

If Crown is as clean as some people are claiming they are going to max out at 85.

Nah, if it's clean now they'll just keep adding more meat all summer.

Don't bother. Considering the majority of the people that live here don't fit inside the stereotypical box folks like yourself have put them in...

WV is actually a pretty awesome place that offers some pretty awesome thing to do and see, but since everyone seems to think that if you visit WV you immediately begin to speak with an accent, chew tobacco, drink moonshine, and have desires to kiss your sister, most miss out on the hidden treasure trove.

But anyway...

Teal Sound - 63.300 - ok, I'll say it again for a second year in a row; those uniforms are ugly and look dirty. The show "In the Presence of Enemies" sounds like an interesting concept, but I was not sold on it last night. I don't remember much about the show, other than they had a bassist and a guitarist whom you could tell were working really hard, but you couldn't really hear them from where I was sitting (directly on the 30) except for one part, and then they almost overpowered the rest of the front ensemble.

Spirit - 67.000 - WOW! The new uniforms look super sharp, and I really like how they look especially compared to the uniform of the last few seasons. Corpsreps.com has some great photos of the uniform. The show "Forging an Icon" sounds really good, and I really enjoyed the drum feature.

\^/ GLASSMEN \^/ - 70.300 - I first heard "The Prayer Cycle" music in January, as one of my fraternity brothers is in the G-men contra section, when I first heard it, I told him this show will either be really good or it will flop...this show is really good! I think some first night jitters got the best of a couple guard folks with drops, and I would definitely like to hear the show without someone behind me talking very loudly about "OMG! WHY IS SHE STANDING ON HIS TENORS?!?!?" But this show will definitely be one that I download from this season. Great first show, GLASSMEN!

CROWN - 76.600 - Wow. This show is August clean in June. My friend and I both looked at each other and were like "Oh...and its only June." I really really hope they don't peak early, and that this is as clean as it gets. I also can't wait to hear the final ending to the show, since I'm 99.8% sure that the way they ended the show last night is not the ending we will hear come regionals.

Cadets - 75.800 - I'm going to be honest, the show kinda left me going "WTF?" but it was a good show, and the crowd really liked it. I need to see it again before I pass judgement on it.

Bluecoats - 73.600 - This show is extremely well written, if you take the "dark" parts of the past 2 years and smash them together, that's the overall sound this year. Easily a Top 6 show, and another Bluecoats show to add to my iPod.

PR - 73.500 - I think marching 4 contra holes is hurting the overall product, however, this show is still fantastic, and the music choice of "The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms" is something that I think fits really well with Phantom, and I think I really need to see this show again and sit a little lower and more toward the middle to get the full effect.

I have to say, I was slightly disappointed at Spirit, G-men, Bluecoats, and Phantom's scores, as they seemed a little low to me. Yes, Cadets and Crown were good, but I don't think Cadets were 2 full points better than Bluecoats/Phantom. Personally, I would have scored Spirit and Glassmen near where Phantom was scored, give or take a few tenths, Phantom 74.500 (+/- some tenths), and Bluecoats more along the lines of 75.775 if we're scoring Cadets at 75.800, but hey, I'm not a DCI judge.

I missed most of encore due to visiting with friends who were marching, but I heard them playing the opener from "Defiant Heart" which to this day is still one of my very favorite Phantom Regiment shows.

Thanks to my friend Matt for the photos of Glassmen and Bluecoats since they were better than mine. :blink:

Here Here!!! Well stated and good review, just remember they don't chew tobacco in WV, they chew TOBACC-Y... ha ha ha, can't resist, Us Texas folk done did never learn how to spoke none neither, so we's just a bunch o cowboys dat goes outs dere in dat dere dessert with dem rattlesnakes, yee haw!! :laughing:

Wes P

From what I saw in allentown, their feet were MUCH cleaner than last year, but that doesnt mean the drill or music was particularly spotless.

And let me add this....I still stand my ground and believe that Blue Devils will win.... :laughing:

....but l'll also throw in that if Crown can solidify their marching alone, they will have a much better shot at their first ring.

This year's world champion will be determined by ONE factor, IMO: MARCHING. Whoever marches the best will win.

I have to disagree with you......I WISH you were right, but if "whoever marches the best wins" had happened in 09, the Cadets would've ground the other two into the dust. Not trying to replay 09 here, but Cadets had more content, supremely performed than the other two combined. I wish it were the case......

Edited by craiga

But anyway...

Thanks to my friend Matt for the photos of Glassmen and Bluecoats since they were better than mine. :laughing:

good review, but God do you get overly sensitive about WV jokes. it's not like we are talking the hills of Kentucky :blink:

Current arguments here notwithstanding, Where are the freakin' recaps!? :laughing: