Carolina Crown MMX

I'm actually feeling pretty good about Crown after tonights show in MS.

Of course 2.55 back seems like an insurmountable margin but consider:

VP (feet) was only 0.2 behind BD tonight. This was a weakness last year.

CG (guard) was only 0.1 behind BD (and were 1st in the execution subcap). This was the other caption that needed to improve.

Brass was 4th and GE Mus 3rd. Now I know I'm being a honk saying this *but* I really don't believe that's where Crown will be in those captions come Indy.

Perc was 3rd but beat Cadets tonight. If they keep the steady progress up I don't think it will be an insurmountable problem for the corps.

So keep working your butts off Crown !!

I'm actually feeling pretty good about Crown after tonights show in MS.

Of course 2.55 back seems like an insurmountable margin but consider:

VP (feet) was only 0.2 behind BD tonight. This was a weakness last year.

CG (guard) was only 0.1 behind BD (and were 1st in the execution subcap). This was the other caption that needed to improve.

Brass was 4th and GE Mus 3rd. Now I know I'm being a honk saying this *but* I really don't believe that's where Crown will be in those captions come Indy.

Perc was 3rd but beat Cadets tonight. If they keep the steady progress up I don't think it will be an insurmountable problem for the corps.

So keep working your butts off Crown !!

I like your analysis of the situation !! :smile:

Has anyone heard any more news on what they're doing about being down two snares and one tenor? I know at one point rumor was that Ashley was going to be back in and I know that I heard Crown offered the other spot to the center snare from the University I graduated from but I haven't heard if any of this has actually happened or not. Are they still at 7 and 4?

Has anyone heard any more news on what they're doing about being down two snares and one tenor? I know at one point rumor was that Ashley was going to be back in and I know that I heard Crown offered the other spot to the center snare from the University I graduated from but I haven't heard if any of this has actually happened or not. Are they still at 7 and 4?

I think it's going to stay 7-4-5 the rest of the season.

Nice job, Crown! Keep BD and the others ahead of you in your crosshairs!

I caught the Crown Encore at MS last night. Does anyone know the name of that first piece that the pit does, it's absolutely beautiful! Great CC show last night, particularly loved the leg thing they do in the middle while laying down, great visual. Big sound, phenomenal brass.