Y

Clearly your not a fan of the Cabs. Seems you may not be a fan of Reading either. But based on some of your past posts and comments here on DCP, you seem to lean towards any corps other then Cabs. And you were not at the performance. I'm of the opinion that if anyone is going to insinuate anything either way, you may want to have actually gone to the show. Formulate your opinion without your own personal anti-whoever bias and make a true intelligent conclusion. Seems to me, the people who have commented thus far experianced the show first hand. While I will still hold my opinions until I see both shows first hand, people at the show have made some truly interesting observations. Whether in favor of the Cabs or in disaproval towards the adjudicators judging them. Based on the current overwhelming response towards the Cabs, I'm going to listen more intently towards what the people who were at the show .and as it seems there were people at the show who may not have been pro anyone also seeing a problem with the spread or even total end result.... I'm totally anxious to see Cabs. The Grand Prix can't get here any sooner.

I believe I DID preface my comments by stating that I, of course did not actually attend this show. I was however a tad perplexed how so many posters seemed to think the show was a tight spread and that they would'nt have been surprised if the Cabs had won....YET not one single judge on a SINGLE sheet, had the Bucs behind the Cabs in ANYTHING. I was fortunate enough to attend one show last year...Scranton. And the Bucs win there was one of the most decisive I have seen in over 30 years as a marcher, then fan. After the opener, they could have marched the rest of the drill to a rim tap and STILL won the show. But, 'ya know what???...some folks in the audience were overheard with the opinion that MBI took the show. Which lead me to belive that they were either deaf/blind, complete total idiots, or just hoping against hope that this would be the season....this would be the night. Again, having not actually seen the Wildwood show, I am tending to believe that this hope may have played into folks opinions....maybe.... Edited by VOReason

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, I will agree there have been obvious exceptions, but it just seems to be a trend that I have noticed. It could be a coincidence, it might be something that DCA needs to address with their judges, I dunno. Just saying that from what I've seen, it appears to take place more often than not early in the season.

I'm going to say coincidence really. There are more exceptions that could be listed, and off the top of my head I can think of Hurcs last year and Cabs in 02...tho Cabs how the scores going the other way

Haven't seen the shows and probably won't this year. It's a long drive to...everywhere from here!

However, if Bucs are running out of gas with a minute left to go in the show, they will have to make some changes. An extra minute of endurance can't be made up, IMHO. It's too much to ask and if they don't make changes to make the show more doable, it will haunt them the entire season. You'll hear, "They were great, but had nothing at the end.", all season.

Mark my words, it's their Achilles heel. (I know that's Greek, not Roman mythology). But I'm betting their staff will be too pig headed to change the show and will insist the members make up that last minute of endurance. I'm betting it can't be done.

This may be the fall of Rome.

I will disagree the staff won't make changes if need be. that hasn't been a problem yet

I will disagree the staff won't make changes if need be. that hasn't been a problem yet

I agree Jeff, Bucs are usually known for making anywhere from minor-to-extensive changes throughout the year. Have been since I was there... it's an admirable quality... no ego about it at all, if something doesn't work, it gets changed or axed. Heck back in 2000 there was probably a good 30 seconds of Mars that was cut and in 2002 they cut out an even-bigger chunk of Appalachian Spring... both AFTER the drill was written and learned.

Knowing what I know about the current staff there, I would even venture a guess that if they perceive an issue with some part of the program, it's already been re-written and they will re-teach it next weekend. :)

But anyway, sorry, we totally hi-jacked this topic, back to the reviews!! :)

Edited by BX5CM

So...how was Surf?

No comments on CAB'S ALUMNI? Did they do a drill? How'd they sound?

Hello Stien:

Caballeros Alumni did an excellent job. :thumbup: Had some 50+ horns and a complete Olde Style" (Come "Off the Line" with a Company Front to the "50"!!!) drill and music from years gone by. HUGE drum line and CG. Music included: "LaMancha", "MacArtuurther Park", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" and another "Company Front" 'push' for finale of "Flamenco Cha Cha".

Jimmy Russo still "On the Podium". Solists (Curt, George, Steve, Duke) were outstanding, :tongue: and they recieved a great crowd response.

Elphaba

The part I can't get past is the spread. I can agree that Bucs were the best corps in the show. There demand exceeded the competition (even though that's not on the sheets) and they executed on par with their closest competitor, so I give them the edge. However the verbiage that clearly defines "the value of a tenth" should have been used as clearly the top two units were not 5 whole points apart.

And yes, I believe that this show can affect the scores at next weeks show. Not "slotting" necessarily, but I believe perception can affect reality and if a judge walks in thinking that Bucs are 5 points better than Cabs, it's going to take a helluva lot of improvement to convince him/her otherwise.

Well Said STC. This is exactly the point. Watch what happens in Bridgeport.

Most of us who come online here are fans of one Corps or another. Some are just plain Drum Corps fans. Either way, please keep writting reviews, don't let thin skinned people bother you.

To be honest I read them all every week and after reading them all I find that they usually do match what the Corps does. So for us fans who only make two or three shows a year in one section of of the country or other Please keep telling your OPIONS!!!

Your kiddin' me right? Perhaps, just maybe, the rest of the circuit should attempt to raise their game. Or maybe they can hold car washes, bake sales and raffles to buy the Bucs staff. OR...turn DCA's into a clap show. But to insinuate that a great, quality drum corps is ruining our DCA circuit???? That's just silly....

I agree with this. Without the Bucs, we would have several great drum corps, minus one outstanding corps.