15) Academy

16) Colts

17) Spirit

18) Pac Crest

19) Jersey Surf

20) Mandarins

21) Teal Sound

22) Pioneer

You are absolutely sure ? We would not want you to get the hiccups after your fit of laughter.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the safe bet so far for top 3 is

(1) Crown

(2) BD

(3) Cadets.

Then maybe

(4) Bluecoats

(5) Cavies

(6) SCV

(7) Blue Stars

That's not based on much.

whoever scores in the order of the decision of the judges

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. The Cadets

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Stars

9. Madison Scouts

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen

12. Blue Knights

13. Spirit

14. Crossmen

15. The Colts

16. Troopers

17. Academy

18. Pacific Crest

19. Teal Sound

20. Cascades

21. Mandarins

22. Jersey Surf

23. Pioneer

We went to the Normal show last night. And I have watched every video up on Fannetwork at least 5 times. So if I were guessing to finals week as this point, not having seen anything of West Coast corps yet, other than a couple of phone calls for run throughs, I would guess this for my predictions.

1. Cavaliers(I know they came in 3rd last night, but this show has possibly their best drill and guard since Frameworks. And it has as much fan appeal as 007 and Machine. They had 4 standing ovations during this show. And while it is dirty at this point, I think it still probably should have beaten Crown and Cadets last night.

2. Blue Devils-haven't seen them yet.

3. Cadets or SCV

4. Cadets or SCV

5. Carolina Crown

6. Blue Stars(If they completely change their 1st minute and a half of thier show which comes off as awkward)

7. Bluecoats or Madison Scouts(Strongest they have looked since 99)

8. Bluecoats or Madison Scouts

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

13. Glassmen

14. Academy

15. Spiirit

16. Crossmen

17 Pacific Crest

18. Troopers

19. Jersey Surf

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

22. Teal Sound

23. Cascades

We went to the Normal show last night. And I have watched every video up on Fannetwork at least 5 times. So if I were guessing to finals week as this point, not having seen anything of West Coast corps yet, other than a couple of phone calls for run throughs, I would guess this for my predictions.

1. Cavaliers(I know they came in 3rd last night, but this show has possibly their best drill and guard since Frameworks. And it has as much fan appeal as 007 and Machine. They had 4 standing ovations during this show. And while it is dirty at this point, I think it still probably should have beaten Crown and Cadets last night.

2. Blue Devils-haven't seen them yet.

3. Cadets or SCV

4. Cadets or SCV

5. Carolina Crown

6. Blue Stars(If they completely change their 1st minute and a half of thier show which comes off as awkward)

7. Bluecoats or Madison Scouts(Strongest they have looked since 99)

8. Bluecoats or Madison Scouts

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

13. Glassmen

14. Academy

15. Spiirit

16. Crossmen

17 Pacific Crest

18. Troopers

19. Jersey Surf

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

22. Teal Sound

23. Cascades

That would be pretty bizarre. But I guess weirder things have happened.

At this point, who the heck knows.

Bluecoats and Phantom Regiment looked amazing to me at BGSU. Crown and Cadets look amazing from what I can tell on FN. We know Blue Devils are good, just a teeny weeny bit good! :-) And SCV had one of the more magical shows last year.

I'd say the above corps are likely your top 6.

Cavaliers, although always good, have some issues with their 1st and 4th productions. I like 2 & 3, but feel the overall design will hurt them. Music GE is only really good in no. 2, the ballad is OK, and 1 & 4 need massive work IMO. I see them or Blue Stars in 7th.

The battle for 9, 10, 11, and 12 is going to be fierce, much like the last few years. Madison is on the prowl with a great show. Maybe the best opening statement on the field this summer, and I think the vehicle is there for them to do quite, maybe 9th. Glassmen have a rough draft of a program that actually has some nice impact moment, but the performance levels must improve; and Spirit is off to a great start. Blue Knights have a master writing drill. I saw the Crossmen, and they were not too far off Glassmen, and I believe they have a corps that can challenge for top 12 this year. Also remember that the Colts just tore the joint down last year in semifinals and just missed out on top 12 (I thought they were in, with all respect to Troopers).

My year-end prediction is:

1. Phantom Regiment (just trust me on this, they have the show)

2. Cadets (this show has all the goods, and when their performance levels improve they will pass Crown)

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats (maybe their best show ever, but certainly up there with the best)

5. Blue Devils

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Blue Stars

8. Cavaliers

9. Blue Knights

10. Madison Scouts

11. Spirit of Atlanta (I just like this name better)

12. Crossmen

I do reserve the right to change my mind. It tends to wander a lot anyway, so that usually happens without me thinking about it. :-)

That would be pretty bizarre. But I guess weirder things have happened.

I know. I really thought they might be making a run for the championship early this season, but after last night, I honestly do not see that as a championship show, and definitely not designed to the level of Cadets or Cavaliers. Now granted it is still the last week of June, and anything can happen.