Stanford Brewery

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just don't understand why some folks make it a mission to straighten out BD. They don't need straightening!

They obviously lost a lot of frustrated fans due to their approach of designing shows.....(choppy musical arranging). Fans (Including myself) yearn for the days when BD presented musical shows with rich melodic arrangements.....

Coming off the highest score in their history and heading for another title run, they're fine, thank you.

Well.....if your goal is to have 100 DCI titles.....great. I would rather have 100 shows that drum corps fans can't stop listening to and talking about.

The scores proved me wrong -- and several folks disagreed with me when I posted this on the Facebook update widget -- but I thought Pacific Crest would come out ahead of Troopers. Troopers came out blazing in their opener, but quickly seemed to falter, especially visually, and there were problems throughout their entire show. Pacific Crest probably has the lesser show, but seemed to have a more "readable" total package . . . through probably not finished yet, as the show came to a rather anticlimactic end.

But, like I said, the scores proved me wrong and everybody else right. :blink:

Most assumes you have some empirical data that permits you to use that word......you don't. Nor do I.

In fact, it's just like Jazz...some get it....some don't. But Stan Kenton got it; And Downey's translating the works beautifully for this dynamic visual show. To me, the best part of drum corps is the wide breadth of it's range. I'm personally sick of frenetic, kaliedoscopic drill but I'm not going to beat up a corps for using it. So, I just don't understand why some folks make it a mission to straighten out BD. They don't need straightening! Coming off the highest score in their history and heading for another title run, they're fine, thank you.

No most doesn't assume anything.

Believe me, if I was trying to give a dissertation on some important societal issue I would provide DCP with empirical data.

This is my opinion based solely on my observations of 25 years around the activity and what I've been reading here and other places.

It's ok.

4521271.3239627.jpg

They obviously lost a lot of frustrated fans due to their approach of designing shows.....(choppy musical arranging). Fans (Including myself) yearn for the days when BD presented musical shows with rich melodic arrangements.....

Well.....if your goal is to have 100 DCI titles.....great. I would rather have 100 shows that drum corps fans can't stop listening to and talking about.

Like their production this year! Exactly!

Like their production this year! Exactly!

Cute.....semi-clever response......but in the end....the masses all know what I am referring to. My statement is supported by numerous sentiments in this single topic alone.... from people who do not like BD's recent musical choices/arrangements......

BTW.....the 1986 Blue Devils is still my favorite single DCI show

I was most impressed by Blue Devils B!

Blue Knight and Bluecoats may be in the top four in term of being the fan-favorite!