Carolina Crown-most disappointing Friday

Crown get over yourselves. A few years ago you would have been happy to have anyone watch your practice.

Arrogance at its best. This whole G-7 thing really went to their heads.

Sweet Jesus. Did you read the original post then decided not to read anymore? Just come on and blast away? It's been cleared up, it wasn't Crown's doing.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, someone on dcp said he does kick puppies, so obviously Fiedler kicks puppies.

Well, that provides clarification-If it's on DCP it HAS to be true!!

Edited by Reservoir Dog

Yeah: corps should completely give away their product to non-paying customers. Open up their rehearsals, free run throughs, for those of us who can't afford, or flat out don't want to, go to shows. Put everything that I personally want up for free so I can personally get what I want, regardless of whether or not I am entitled to it. It's not enough that corps perform at the shows they promote when I pay a ticket: I want more (free) performances. A ticket to the July 3 Vista, CA show should mean that every corps on the schedule should perform for me personally during their rehersals just because it's the only show in my immediate area. :rolleyes:

Think you have been way overboard on your replies regarding this thread.

Most of these non paying customers as you put it are either family or friends who might only see the corps once during the season so going to practice is a great way to get to see a bit more of them, that being your kids or friend(s). I fully understand why people would be disappointed.

Time for your medication I think.

To make a post like this and then let pages and pages of unfounded specualtion and ridicule go on is very iresponsible of those that run DCP. Its basically a bash-fest and a type of rumour gratification.

This describes a good portion of the posts on DCP, especially as of late, so I don't see why you're surprised at this. And I agree with you on everything you said in this post. No one is entitled to sit through any corps rehearsal. We are lucky to be allowed to do so on most occasions, so let's not feel abused. Crown's is not even my favorite show this year, but the slander in this thread is unwarranted.

This describes a good portion of the posts on DCP, especially as of late, so I don't see why you're surprised at this. And I agree with you on everything you said in this post. No one is entitled to sit through any corps rehearsal. We are lucky to be allowed to do so on most occasions, so let's not feel abused. Crown's is not even my favorite show this year, but the slander in this thread is unwarranted.

Exactly !!!

G

One quick story before this thread gets closed.

I was in Buffalo for finals in 1995 and was at Madison's final run through before breaking to get ready for finals. (Me and at least 500 other people.) It was one of my favorite drum corps memories because the members knew it was the last time through the show and were very emotional as the people there were going crazy as they progressed through the show. I enjoy then rehearsals and warm ups as much as the shows.

Think you have been way overboard on your replies regarding this thread.

Most of these non paying customers as you put it are either family or friends who might only see the corps once during the season so going to practice is a great way to get to see a bit more of them, that being your kids or friend(s). I fully understand why people would be disappointed.

Time for your medication I think.

And did you and your family stay for the show? Didn't you see the practice? Were you expecting a run-through and a show performance?

Possibly your expectations need medicated?

Give the corps a break. And Perc2000's post was spot on, IMO.

One quick story before this thread gets closed.

I was in Buffalo for finals in 1995 and was at Madison's final run through before breaking to get ready for finals. (Me and at least 500 other people.) It was one of my favorite drum corps memories because the members knew it was the last time through the show and were very emotional as the people there were going crazy as they progressed through the show. I enjoy then rehearsals and warm ups as much as the shows.

Someday, a corps will do a show called "In the Lot." I predict it will be awesome.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=137243&hl=

On behalf of Carolina Crown, let me set the record straight.

a) The stadium needed to be closed and cleared one hour before the gates opened. This is common procedure at shows both for operational and accounting purposes.

b) The rehearsal was running late during the day already from the corps working with the "marching track" of the BOA clinic (this is where the camp students learn drill and perform with the drum corps), therefore the run through was at the same time as clearing the stadium.

c) Jim Coates was asked to make an announcement on behalf the event coordinators, for the fans to leave the stadium early and prior to Crown's run through.

If any of you came to the Chesapeake, VA or Dublin, OH clinics or even FirstBEAT, we are pretty much an open book when it comes to how we rehearse and who watches us. We actually don't mind people watching us from the stands during rehearsal. We feel as though our rehearsals are educational and informative, however we do have to adhere to the policies of the tour event partners and almost all of them have a policy of clearing the stadium about 60-90 mins before a show starts.

We thank you for your past, present, and future support of Carolina Crown and hope those that took offense find this explanation as an answer to their concerns.

Feel free to email any other questions or comments to me at eric@carolinacrown.org

See you down the road.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Mike