Kalamazoo Kazoo Kazoo

Cavaliers will pass both Crown and Bluecoats...their show is going to come together all at the right time. The gap is closing.

Hmmmm...reminds me of an old Dusty Springfield lyric: wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'.... :smile:

Can wait for for the first show when the top corps of the East and West coasts get together!!!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't corps have great solos anymore? I just watched Blue Devils 1994> WOW! What soprano solos. Would be nice to see any of tonight's corps have solos like that.

Hmmmm...reminds me of an old Dusty Springfield lyric: wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'.... :smile:

If seeing a two point lead on Cavaliers shrink drastically in the space of 4 days doesn't worry you, you're perhaps a little TOO optimistic about the relative placements as they stand here on July 10.

It's all about the spreads and how they grow or shrink over the season, and from that perspective, Rosemont is in a very good place right now.

Edited by mobrien

caught the last minute of Phantom...liking it

Boston...Ilike it, but i think it needs more oomph

Coats...like it very much. the show is #### good

Cavies...more enjoyable than recent years, but don't get the whole Mad thing

Crown...technically impressive. But...it's becoming BD-like to me in terms of pure enjoyment

If seeing a two point lead on Cavaliers shrink drastically in the space of 4 days doesn't worry you, you're perhaps a little TOO optimistic about the relative placements as they stand here on July 10.

It's all about the spreads and how they grow or shrink over the season, and from that perspective, Rosemont is in a very good place right now.

True, 'dat! I agree that Cavaliers have the potential to 'sneak' up on both Bluecoats and Crow, and after watching everyone tonight on Fan Network I think the Top 3 will be the cliched BD, Cavaliers, Cadets (not necessarily in that order). Obviously it's still early, and a lot can change in a month, but after seeing last year's Top 6, I think the above three corps have longer/stronger legs than both Crown (who I think need some drill rewrites) and Bluecoats (when your 'rep' sub-caption scores are lower than your execution sub-caption scores in early July, you're in trouble) . I personally like Crown and Bluecoats shows, and it would be exciting to see either one of them place uncharacteristically high, but right now I think the 'traditional' Top 3 will get it together and Crown and Coats will respectively round out the Top 5 in 4th and 5th.

Also want to give some props for the first corps on up through to Phantom....The sun was beaming down and it was beyond hot in the stands - I can't imagine how hot it would have been on the field.

After the sun went down, it became a nice and cool! Lucky for the last 4 corps.

Just Got back to Hammond IN (long story) from K'zoo. I had a pretty good viewing point nd too 400+ pics, I need to sleep though so I will post a link tomorrow to my flickr account along with a review.

The first line of the review will be:

AT&T Wireless may cover 97% of all Americans, but the EDGE network in K'zoo sucked hard. Box 1 suckage!!!