Drums Along the Rockies

I just cant wait to see it live and be able to choose what I look at and see what I missed...from all corps.

G

HERE HERE!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never fear, drum corps fans, the season isn't decided yet by a long shot!

THIS is the one statement in this thread that we can ALL agree on! No matter who the front runner is right now, how big spreads are now, anyone who's ever been involved with the activity on any type of 'serious' level knows that a season is a marathon and not a sprint. ANYTHING can happen in the next month, and I think placements could change frequently through out the summer. It's going to be a fun one!

Actually, we found out later that a lot of those gross noises actually came from the Blue Knights. Can somebody back me up on that? I remember reading it somewhere here.

But anyway, yes, now you have to hate the Blue Knights. This is not an option. YOU ARE LEGALLY OBLIGATED.

Are you sure? My kid was there and said it was the Devils.

Haters gonna hate, honks gonna honk, and life will move on with our little niche activity.

I just hope BD's success won't encourage other corps to assimilate their style of shows in the future.

This is mostly what I'm afraid of. I REALLY hope this doesn't happen.

Every year BD wows us with smoke and mirrors, although 25% of their drill is as hard as any other corps drill.....75% of it is easier....I havent gotten the money for the fan network yet so I havent seen the show, so I cannot comment on what actually happened tonight, but I know from watching BD shows in the past they rarely do difficult drill (or any at all) while the brass is playing, and they also almost never integrate the contras into the base form (they are treated like a high school sousaphone section). I love the music that they play, and for the most part I like the idea of the shows that they do, I am just not a fan of there approach to the visual package, and I feel that they are the prime example of the visual package playing to the judging criteria, rather than playing to the audience.

lol. most corps out there only do their flashy drill when there's no simultaneous demand. the cavies proved that could win in the early 2000s, and every corps has done it since then. this mythology about bd is absolutely hilarious every time. the only corps that has more simultaneous demand consistently over the past several years is the cadets, thoug it's not so this year, IMO.

...and then I remembered. It is just marching band.

Congrats BD and Congrats Cadets!

GO SCV!

No it's not. It's MY LIFE!!! :smile:

This is mostly what I'm afraid of. I REALLY hope this doesn't happen.

just like i hoped the cavies success in the early 00s wouldn't encourage other corps to emulate them....too bad it didn't work out. lol.