Drums Along the Rockies

I can name ONE year!! :smile:

I can name 2..... 1988 and 2006.

Sorry 84 was All Cadets all day...and SCV even thinks they deserved it over BD that year.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely had BD up by a full point. They are just too clean and good at this point. As I stated in my last post, I do think the judges got it wrong on the spread, but that's another issue. DCI judging can sometimes be pretty pathetic.

Having said that: People need to remember that it was not BD up by 3 tonight. They won by 2.3. The Cadets could perform better at the next show and the gap could be 1.5 in a day or two. Come Finals week the gap could be .3, so you never know.

I agree with G. The Cadets (at least as of now) are the strongest challenger to BD. Crown, Coats, and Cavaliers all have issues to work out. Cavaliers could be dangerous down the stretch, but I see Cadets and the clear challenger. In the end, it will be close between Cadets and BD. Think about how far Phantom Regiment was behind BD at this time in 2008, or in 1996.

Also, and 88 for this time of the year is not unheard of. SCV was in the 90s by mid July in 1987. Essentially what the judges are saying to the Blue Devils is that their show is now being performed at a level worthy of an 88. This does not mean that the show is capable of a 99, only that they have successfully taken it to an 88. There is nothing in the sheets that states a corps must have the most demand to win. Demand is there, but MOST DEMANDING is not. When is enough enough? I think the Blue Devils are very good about finding the right balance between demand and performance.

If anything, I have issues with DCI's ability to judge GE, but, again, that is another story. Still, BD did win this one! Great show by all, and Cadets will be fabulous. Just enjoy the ride!

+1 Agree

I definitely had BD up by a full point. They are just too clean and good at this point. As I stated in my last post, I do think the judges got it wrong on the spread, but that's another issue. DCI judging can sometimes be pretty pathetic.

Having said that: People need to remember that it was not BD up by 3 tonight. They won by 2.3. The Cadets could perform better at the next show and the gap could be 1.5 in a day or two. Come Finals week the gap could be .3, so you never know.

I agree with G. The Cadets (at least as of now) are the strongest challenger to BD. Crown, Coats, and Cavaliers all have issues to work out. Cavaliers could be dangerous down the stretch, but I see Cadets and the clear challenger. In the end, it will be close between Cadets and BD. Think about how far Phantom Regiment was behind BD at this time in 2008, or in 1996.

Also, an 88 for this time of the year is not unheard of. SCV was in the 90s by mid July in 1987. Essentially what the judges are saying to the Blue Devils is that their show is now being performed at a level worthy of an 88. This does not mean that the show is capable of a 99, only that they have successfully taken it to an 88. There is nothing in the sheets that states a corps must have the most demand to win. Demand is there, but MOST DEMANDING is not. When is enough enough? I think the Blue Devils are very good about finding the right balance between demand and performance.

If anything, I have issues with DCI's ability to judge GE, but, again, that is another story. Still, BD did win this one! Great show by all, and Cadets will be fabulous. Just enjoy the ride!

Very well said!

Haters gonna hate, honks gonna honk, and life will move on with our little niche activity.

I just hope BD's success won't encourage other corps to assimilate their style of shows in the future.

Obviously it WILL!

Congrats, BD! I'm sorry that you changed quite a bit of La Suerte, but hey, it's a 3 point win!

Booyea! :smile:

I think it's best to proclaim BD's 2010 Champions because this is almost the same thing that happened last year. Clearly, according to the judges, they're in a class by themselves. So it's basically another fight for second place. Congrats to BD now.

Well said. Things could certainly change. But right now they are in their own league right now, with essentially 3, maybe 4, Corps fighting it out for 2nd place as a runners up.

The silver lining...... BD could peak! and like the earlier posters have said, Crown has ALOT of issues...and Coats have issues and Cadets are pretty good as well, but I think their show needs something more to really contend.

I think Cadets might be the 4th place corps at this time. They haven't competed on the east coast in a while...so who knows where they stack up.

Also, an 88 for this time of the year is not unheard of. SCV was in the 90s by mid July in 1987. Essentially what the judges are saying to the Blue Devils is that their show is now being performed at a level worthy of an 88. This does not mean that the show is capable of a 99, only that they have successfully taken it to an 88. There is nothing in the sheets that states a corps must have the most demand to win. Demand is there, but MOST DEMANDING is not. When is enough enough? I think the Blue Devils are very good about finding the right balance between demand and performance.

This is a much better, more reasoned post then your earlier one! Nicely said.

Also, and 88 for this time of the year is not unheard of.

Good point. In 1986, BD scored a 94.4 at this show, although it was about 2 weeks later in the season.

Obviously it WILL!

Congrats, BD! I'm sorry that you changed quite a bit of La Suerte, but hey, it's a 3 point win!

Booyea! :smile:

Wayne's not done yet..believe it!

I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the Blue Devils and it's really not fair. It all stems from 2008 when the Regiment won championships. What is the song they play after all the scores are read? Well, whatever it is Blue Devils were obviously ###### and were hitting wrong notes, loudly, left and right. In all fairness this probably was just a few jack offs that couldn't take it. But I really lost respect for the organization that day.

you should surf around the tube some... maybe try "dci retreat 2008 revelation"